Archived Topic

Vai S tweet says something bigger is coming

by scott715 · 7/14/2014

Advertisement
S
scott715
Bigger than Langli transfer. Any guesses? Another rm? A senior transfer?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
scott715 wrote:
Bigger than Langli transfer. Any guesses? Another rm? A senior transfer?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Big 12 invite? ;) :whistle:
A
ABYUFAN
frdbtr wrote:
Bigger than Langli transfer. Any guesses? Another rm? A senior transfer?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Big 12 invite? ;) :whistle:

Godzilla is bigger....
H
HoosierCougar
link? went to his twitter and saw nothing since Langi-related tweet.



bigger = vai's ego?
D
Ddawg
ABYUFAN wrote:

Godzilla is bigger....


Bam! :D :D :D That would be one heckuva "get." I bet his SPARQ scores are off the charts. Very funny.
Advertisement
D
DeVon
Multiple player suspension for drinking.
S
scott715
Must have been a text to Alema during his show. Wifi is crappy at scout camp. Can't get the details. Maybe you can.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
DeVon wrote:
Multiple player suspension for drinking.


No way! Yes way? :~( Here we go again. Kids will be kids - but - they knew what they were getting into when they signed up. Waiting to see how bad the damage is.
T
trueblue72
DeVon wrote:
Multiple player suspension for drinking.


I heard the same thing from my neighbor about a month and a half ago. He's an honest guy and has a few connections so I think it's legit.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
I was under the impression that this would be a good thing for us not bad.
Advertisement
S
SpoCoug
I think the Vai tweet was a good thing, regarding one or more transfers to BYU. I believe the suspension thing to be a separate issue that seems to be gaining steam.
T
trueblue72
I think it will be good news I was just responding to the otherpost.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Stirfry
scott715 wrote:
I was under the impression that this would be a good thing for us not bad.


If suspensions are the "bigger is coming" thing it's a really random way of Vai letting it out. Why make it appear the two are connected?



I think he's talking about something else when he says something bigger is coming following Langi and it will be a good thing for BYU.
D
DeVon
Yeah, I guess Vai wouldn't necessarily have the scoop on the drinking thing.



The other rumor floating around is that a few more players are transferring from the U to BYU after missions...including (yes, I know we've heard the jokes/indications) Chase Hansen. Could be interesting. Something about sinking ships, rats, etc.
F
frdbtr
DeVon wrote:
Yeah, I guess Vai wouldn't necessarily have the scoop on the drinking thing.



The other rumor floating around is that a few more players are transferring from the U to BYU after missions...including (yes, I know we've heard the jokes/indications) Chase Hansen. Could be interesting. Something about sinking ships, rats, etc.


What a perfect analogy.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Man! Looks like recruiting continues to just explode with their PAC-o-Crap affiliation. Now whether or not these transfers were correlated to losing record the last two years; who can say....honestly.... But two losing record seasons, no bowl game--yep, sure is working out for them (eye-roll). And now that Whit doesn't have his BYU bowl game to secure his job, its one more losing season (is this their hardest in three years?) and he will be on a very short list, if not fired. But, he won't make it to a fourth losing season. And without BYU two years running to save his job, he will be done.
B
BroncoBot
DeVon wrote:
Yeah, I guess Vai wouldn't necessarily have the scoop on the drinking thing.



The other rumor floating around is that a few more players are transferring from the U to BYU after missions...including (yes, I know we've heard the jokes/indications) Chase Hansen. Could be interesting. Something about sinking ships, rats, etc.

There have been 2 players over the last couple of years that I hated to see go somewhere other than BYU. The first was Taysom Hill, the second was Chase Hansen. I hope they both end up at BYU and lead the way for the new QB type that is developing at BYU.
S
snoscythe
If Vai is tweeting and hinting at it, and no one else is, it just means BYU hired a polynesian to some position somewhere at the university.
B
byufan4ever
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Man! Looks like recruiting continues to just explode with their PAC-o-Crap affiliation. Now whether or not these transfers were correlated to losing record the last two years; who can say....honestly.... But two losing record seasons, no bowl game--yep, sure is working out for them (eye-roll). And now that Whit doesn't have his BYU bowl game to secure his job, its one more losing season (is this their hardest in three years?) and he will be on a very short list, if not fired. But, he won't make it to a fourth losing season. And without BYU two years running to save his job, he will be done.


So someone needs to remind me why we'd fare better in the B12 than Utah has in the P12? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us dominate the SEC, but I could see us becoming like Utah if we have to face a brutal schedule every year.
G
Gunk
snoscythe wrote:
If Vai is tweeting and hinting at it, and no one else is, it just means BYU hired a polynesian to some position somewhere at the university.

Was exactly what I was thinking. A new Polynesian assistant coach or something that will pay "big" dividends down the road in recruiting and retaining Polynesian players.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.