Archived Topic

teams that are obsessed with their Rival

by scott715 · 7/10/2014

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Just come out and say it: Utah made #3.



I will say that you can't read a single BYU article from the media without a ton on Ute fan comments. However, there are several BYU fans that pretend that they don't care about Utah, but their actions say otherwise. I don't watch Utah's football or basketball games (unless against BYU) because...I am not obessed with my rival and really could care less about them.
F
frdbtr
the only thing that is surprising about this is that the utes aren't higher. I was driving in to work today and got passed by a Nissan Maxima with a big U in the back window, the license plate# was max8sme.
N
NDCougar
We can debate which team is more obsessed with the rivalry (BYU or Utah), but anyone who believes BYU fans are not generally obsessed with Utah are delusional. The amount of jokes, annoyance, nit picking, comments on the PAC12 etc etc show we care about Utah. Like it or not BYU fans are obsessed with Utah (in general).



I freely admit I am not a fan of Utah, I don't enjoy it when they win and some of the fans are obnoxious. I hope they lose every game they play, unless randomly it benefits BYU to have them win. Although I have lost some of deeper animosity for Utah as I have lived out of Utah for many years, people on the east coast generally don't care about either school (they generally know more about BYU, except 2008 and the UM years).
P
Phatgreen
I hate the U. Although I don't read U articles and troll like the countless Ute fan comments on anything BYU related. I would also never go to a Ute game dressed in BYU garb to root against them (unless of course they were playing BYU). I've been to a few BYU bowl games and there are always Ute fans dressed in red cheering against BYU. To me that is pathetic.
Advertisement
B
BOID
It's hilarious how the Ute fans are characterized. That if you say anything remotely complimentary to BYU, like "the weather is nice in Provo," no matter where you are, then "HERE THEY COME." It's one sided (Ute fans against BYU), and It's funny because its true.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
NDCougar wrote:
We can debate which team is more obsessed with the rivalry (BYU or Utah), but anyone who believes BYU fans are not generally obsessed with Utah are delusional. The amount of jokes, annoyance, nit picking, comments on the PAC12 etc etc show we care about Utah. Like it or not BYU fans are obsessed with Utah (in general).



I freely admit I am not a fan of Utah, I don't enjoy it when they win and some of the fans are obnoxious. I hope they lose every game they play, unless randomly it benefits BYU to have them win. Although I have lost some of deeper animosity for Utah as I have lived out of Utah for many years, people on the east coast generally don't care about either school (they generally know more about BYU, except 2008 and the UM years).


BYU fans don't troll articles written in newspapers about the utes. Yes, there is negative comment on BYU message boards about the utes, what rival doesn't do that. Also, I have never seen a car with a big Y sticker in the window with a vanity plate referencing the utes, it will never happen. The utes are simply obsessed with BYU and that is all there is to it.
C
crazycougar84601
So I hadn't read this article until just now. Funny how things go sometimes.



I was in a meeting at work this afternoon and just before it started we had a few people who showed up early and we discussed general topics not sports related. The topic this time was some of the crazy Utah traffic intersections. Bangerter Highway/78th South and various other local intersections where mentioned when I brought up the Provo Center Street exit



AND



HERE



THEY



COME



wah wah wah I don't go over the hill wah wah wah

Cableas and the outlets are considered Salt Lake County wah wah wah



Man, the weather was nice in Provo today



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.