Archived Topic

Phil Steele Thinks

by Cougarbib · 7/4/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
UCF will be our toughest opponent



21 UCF

22 BSU

25 Texas

31 Houston

38 BYU



Note that the 1st 3 will all be road games. USU did not make his Top 40.
B
BYULV
I don't think I could argue against that list, except BSU being ahead of Texas and us. I would give Texas BSU's spot, give us the #25 spot and put BSU in our current spot. That seems more accurate.



UCF

TEXAS

BYU

HOUSTON

BSU
C
Cougarbib
Using my cell phone, I did not find his team by team rationale that would break out lost vs returning starters and lettermen and recruiting class ranking, etc. That would be interesting to see. The post did indicate that his magazine just hit the shelves. But that might be a violation of my "if it ain't free I don't read it" policy. Maybe I could make an exception for hardcopy. I found something elsewhere showing UCF has 45,000 or so students and a stadium that seats about 45K. They lost 3rd starters on offense and 7 on defense, so 12 return. Offense may hardly skip a beat.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
UCFs offense loses one big heartbeat--a top tier NFL draft pick QB.
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
UCFs offense loses one big heartbeat--a top tier NFL draft pick QB.


The list I saw showing 3 offensive starters lost did not include him. Iirc, he declared early. I wonder whether this lofty projection forgot to consider that. Probably he was considered or they may have been ranked Top 5.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.