Archived Topic

Buy / Sell: Summer Daze edition

by CrimsonCoug · 6/30/2014

Advertisement
C
CrimsonCoug
Alright; we've heard they hype of media day. How much of it do you buy into?



I'll start -



Buy/Sell:

J-Swag will break the career rushing record in 2014.
S
SpiffCoug
Buy.



I'm predicting big things for Jamaal this year.



Buy/sell:

60% pass completion for Taysom.
S
StatsCougar
Buy. Another year in the offense and a better o-line will improve things.



Buy/Sell:

BYU finishes in the top 20.
C
Cougs_Rule
Buy. BYU has a one or two loss season, pre-bowl and if relatively injury free, makes the top 20.



JW wont break record this season, but will come very close. Too much talent in TH and WRs, too many touches to spread around. If Anae rides JW too hard, he will get injured again.



TH will reach 60%.



Buy/Sell

BYU will lose only one game.
C
CrimsonCoug
Boy lots of optimism here.



I'm going to have to be a stick-in-the-mud and Sell that one, if we're talking about the regular season. Either we'll win them all or we'll lose 2+. We'll know by Texas.



I agree that JW will have a great season, but won't break the record.



Buy/Sell:

BYU breaks the single season record for total team rush yards. (BTW, I have no idea what that record is. Spiff?)
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Sell. Didn't that record get broken last year?

With more receiver threats and improved accuracy by Hill, there'll be a diminished reliance on the run as at the end of Last year and in the bowl game.



Buy or sell.

BYU's defense finishes the year in the top 20.
Y
YNot
BUY - despite GFGHGL, the revived secondary will prove a huge benefit and the defense will constitently shut down even prolific offenses. Also, BYU gets UConn, Texas, Central Florida and Boise St. in re-building mode - so that doesn't hurt - and Bronco just knows how to get it done against Chuckie and USU.



Buy or Sell -



A BYU tight end will have 400+ receiving yards
B
BOID
Out on a limb here, but.... Buy. M Mathews gets moved to the TE position and does it while Leslie, Kurtz and Blackmon stretch the field deep creating room for TE's mid-deep cross routes. Don't know how durable MM will be; however, there's always Mahina. I have a hunch that TE's will make a come-back this year.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Sell. THE TE and true drop back QB days at BYU are toast! MM is too skinny to play TE. Mahina may have a chance.



Buy or sell:

BYU offense will be a top 20 total O.
B
BOID
Buy. I think BYU's schedule will not include too many high powered defenses, like last year's ND and Wisconsin. Maybe Texas will be tough defensively. I don't know about BSU, but possibly. I think BYU racks up big yardage on average this year.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Wow. If BYU does have a top 20 D and O,and a reasonable schedule, maybe a one loss or two loss team isn't unreasonable.

Where are all the members of the Church of the undefeated? C'mon people!
J
jvquarterback
I'll buy the top 20 Offense by yards but sell for a top 20 O in points per game (and hope I'm wrong).



Next option: Bronco will punt more than 8 times inside the opponents 43 yard line
C
CrimsonCoug
Sell. I'm hoping Paul Lasike is used as a run/rugby punt option in those situations.



Sticking with the kicking game theme...

Buy/Sell:

BYU's longest field goal attempt will be less than 40 yards.
J
jonnylingo
I think I sell every prediction. Call me skeptical. I am not sold our offensive line is better. i'm not sold our receivers will know the schemes and be vastly improved and I am not sold our defense will be even as good as our d was last year.



i expect to lose two games, win 10 games. anything above that means special season. if we win less than 10 wins with the talent we have and the schedule we are playing then i will finally be convinced that our coaches are just mediocre.



I hope our offensive line is ready. I Also hope that bronco letting go of the defense to spent more time with the offense together with losing sorenson and kvn doesn't result in the defense taking a step back.
V
vancouvercougar
jvquarterback wrote:
I'll buy the top 20 Offense by yards but sell for a top 20 O in points per game (and hope I'm wrong).



Next option: Bronco will punt more than 8 times inside the opponents 43 yard line

As a coach Bronco is not allowed to particpate on the punting team, so he won't punt at all. :lol:

He may call punt plays inside the Opponent 43, but I think he will go for it enough that he wont call 8 punt plays inside the 43.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.