Archived Topic

Impact Players 2014

by Cougarbib · 6/29/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
There seem to be huge expectations for several players going into this season.



Offense

Taysom Hill

Jamal Williams

At least 3 new wide receivers - Nick Kurtz, Devon Blackmon, Jordan Leslie

At least 1 offensive lineman - Ryker Matthews



Defense

Jordan Johnson

Bronson Kaufusi

At least 2 other defensive backs Craig Bills, Trent Trammel, Robertson Daniel

Maybe Alani Fua



Special Teams

IDK. Maybe a blazing receiver will return punts or kickoffs

We had a pretty decent kickoff returner last year - Adam Hine - that will return?



OK. Let's discuss. This was off the top of my head. I am sure I missed someone. I am old.



Let's limit the names on this thread to guys we expect to see playing on Sunday. Maybe BYU is poised to start putting more players in the NFL again.



I imagine that I will create 3 ranking polls after we discuss this for a bit.
C
Cougs_Rule
Lets not limit the list to future NFLers. Impact players seems like a great topic.

Im worried about Rykers health. Not sure he is going to make it.

Of course, Baby J and Taysom. And Devon and Jordan. My prediction, is that Nick gets swallowed up in the cadre of new hot talent and returnees who will fight for their spots. Though i dont expect much from Apo, I think Mitch Mathews chews up some of Kurtz time, bc they are look-a-likes and Mitch has paid his dues and has "excellent timing with Taysom" as TH pointed out in his media day interview.

Also, its easy to underrate the services of a RB like Tonga a few years back, but Lasike is poised, trained, and ready to make a huge impact on this O, from blocking to bull runs, to having attention from defenses on THill and JW.



On D. Of course BK and JJ. Need a safety to step up and a middle LB to step up. I hope Bills and Pikula are those guys. Who knows, maybe Stout will explode. Fua will make a lot of plays with Offenses going away from BK just as they went away from KVN. Similarly, the other Corner, almost an unknown, could get a lot of attention and make some impact plays.



Lets hope somebody emerges in the kicking game. Otherwise there will be a huge season impact to the negative.
S
scott715
The issue will be multiple playmakers trying to get on the field. WR is one place. DB is another. OLB could be if Warner and Cook turn out to be like KVN. I hope someone new emerges at TE.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
The Trib just reported that the CFPA just listed Alan Fua in their Top 40 Linebackers watch list for 2014.



Which other BYU players are on the National Radar for 2014.



I am not sure we have anyone projected to be a 1st round draft pick - but Ziggy was not projected as such either.



What are legit national sources saying about BYU players?
C
Cougarbib
I found Fusi on a 60 player Rimmington Award Watch List.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.