Archived Topic

Holmoe joins NCAA selection Committee

by BYULV · 6/20/2014

Advertisement
B
BYULV
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/11032642/byu-ad-tom-holmoe-added-ncaa-tournament-selection-committee



He is taking Jamie Z's spot for the next two years. How do you think this helps BYU if at all?



I think this has the potential to get Holmoe and BYU more exposure with ADs and coaches across the country, resulting in better matchups in both BBall and Football. Hopefully opens some doors to football scheduling and to the Big12. It will be interesting watch
C
Cougs_Rule
There is probably a standard protocol to recuse oneself during the time their University is being discussed.

But, I do like the thought that he is interacting with a lot of other schools on a high-level. I hope it translates to "good"scheduling, which does not mean, better scheduling then we have had the last two years. Again, some of you who have berated this years football schedule, have fantasies dancing around in your head, that somehow last year schedule is the type of schedule we should play every year, and that last year schedule was somehow the Shangri-La of scheduling. It was not. There were too many quality matchups. And our schedule showed that. But yes, I hope he is able to gain greater access for the betterment of our sports programs.
G
Gunk
If nothing more from a visibility standpoint, it helps. While he may not be able to be openly biased towards BYU, this gets him in front of other ADs and allows him to build more relationships with those ADs/Conference Chairmen.
S
scott715
I wonder how he will have time to watch all of that basketball. I hope he does a reasonable job at it.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.