F
FidoSo I got the attendance figures from 2013 to just see how BYU stacks up compared to P5 (and Notre Dame) schools and G5 schools to see where BYU fits best from that angle. Here is what I found:
BYU had the highest average home attendance of any G5 school at 61,225 (63,470 is considered a sell out).
The next highest average home attendance among G5 schools was East Carolina (AAC) at 43,985--17,240 less than BYU.
The highest average home attendance from the MWC was Fresno State at 36,917--24,308 less than BYU.
2 P5 conferences averaged higher home attendance than BYU: SEC (75,658) and BIG 10 (66,745)
BYU had higher average attendance numbers than 58.5% of the P5 schools and 80% of the Big 12 schools (only Texas and Oklahoma were higher).
Every school in the Big 12 had higher attendance averages than every MWC school (Kansas had the lowest average at 37,884).
I think from an attendance POV, it is clear that BYU would be an extreme outlier in the MWC, at the top of the pile with plenty of room to spare in the AAC, and really belongs in the P5. I hope it happens some day.
BYU had the highest average home attendance of any G5 school at 61,225 (63,470 is considered a sell out).
The next highest average home attendance among G5 schools was East Carolina (AAC) at 43,985--17,240 less than BYU.
The highest average home attendance from the MWC was Fresno State at 36,917--24,308 less than BYU.
2 P5 conferences averaged higher home attendance than BYU: SEC (75,658) and BIG 10 (66,745)
BYU had higher average attendance numbers than 58.5% of the P5 schools and 80% of the Big 12 schools (only Texas and Oklahoma were higher).
Every school in the Big 12 had higher attendance averages than every MWC school (Kansas had the lowest average at 37,884).
I think from an attendance POV, it is clear that BYU would be an extreme outlier in the MWC, at the top of the pile with plenty of room to spare in the AAC, and really belongs in the P5. I hope it happens some day.

