Archived Topic

By George Shirts

by Mars · 12/8/2009

Advertisement
M
Mars


They're okay, nothing special.



http://www.26-23.com/26-23.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://www.26-23.com/
G
Guest
I was thinking of making my own 'By George' shirt and selling it here on the site, with proceeds going to pay for the hosting costs, etc. I'm just haven't had time to get around to it yet!
L
Lawboy
I Still Prefer this:



Max Hall Hates

U(Block U logo)

and so do I!!
A
AmmonCougar1
I would prefer "By George, we won!" and 26-23 on there somewhere.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
A
Alphaleonis
How about a shirt that say "Max Hall Hates Thugs" with the U in thugs in red block, other letters in blue or white.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Anyone know the legalities of using someone's name on a t-shirt? I could see if you print one yourself its not a big deal, but if you actually put them for sale on a website for example I know the collegiate licensing people can come down on your pretty hard if you use any trademark stuff.
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
Anyone know the legalities of using someone's name on a t-shirt? I could see if you print one yourself its not a big deal, but if you actually put them for sale on a website for example I know the collegiate licensing people can come down on your pretty hard if you use any trademark stuff.


I imagine it would be difficult for the NCAA to make a case, especially if the name is also part of a common phrase ("BY GEORGE").
A
Alphaleonis
Ute fans are wearing "Max Hall hates me" T shirts all over the place. (One wore one to our Ward Christmas party this week.) And I'm sure they didn't get Max's permission.
G
Guest
Alphaleonis wrote:
Ute fans are wearing "Max Hall hates me" T shirts all over the place. (One wore one to our Ward Christmas party this week.) And I'm sure they didn't get Max's permission.


That's true, but if the Collegiate licensing company could point to one particular website, for example, where all the shirts were coming from, AND it were illegal to use a college players full name, in this case, Max Hall (I agree, George is too common), then they could potentially sue them for a lot of $$. That is a situation I would like to avoid!!
A
Alphaleonis
It's just as well. Wearing mean spirited shirts is more like a Ute.
Advertisement
M
Mars
Alphaleonis wrote:
It's just as well. Wearing mean spirited shirts is more like a Ute.

Are you labelling "By George" mean-spirited? :skeptic:
S
Schmoe
Is it mean-spirited of me to acknowledge that I greatly dislike another program?
J
JUSTBYU
How about a shirt that simply says "I agree with Max"
G
GolfDiveNCougs
JUSTBYU wrote:
How about a shirt that simply says "I agree with Max"
I would BUY THAT! I would buy that and wear it PROUDLY! Who's selling? I'm BUYING!!!

:love: :love: :love:
A
Alphaleonis
Mean spirited was in reference to my own idea of the "Max Hall Hates thUgs" shirt.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:
How about a shirt that simply says "I agree with Max"
I would BUY THAT! I would buy that and wear it PROUDLY! Who's selling? I'm BUYING!!!

:love: :love: :love:


I would by that too. I was sucker and bought a george one as well. the best part of the shirt to me is the 26-23 number on the front where is belongs.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.