Archived Topic

Heaps Free Agency Opens

by Wickchad · 6/14/2014

Advertisement
W
Wickchad
Heaps is graduating and transferring. He's available to play immediately.



BYU needs a back up...
B
BroncoBot
I think BYU currently has better options.
C
Cougarbib
Found some quotes from Jake Heaps and Charlie Weiss along with some fan comments. Classy all the way around. Jake graduates at the end of June. He can transfer anywhere that wants him. Hopefully, someplace that needs him and has a strong supporting cast.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BerliNY
I wonder where and with whom he'll hold the press conference.
G
Guest
I hope for his sake he transfers to a lower division team, so he can shine without worry of defenses pounding him.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
BerliNY wrote:
I wonder where and with whom he'll hold the press conference.


I would suggest he transfer to Fresno St. Jake would make a fine back-up QB, and he could pick pistachios in his spare time from the local orchards. Refreshing and gives contentment to the mind. ;)
S
snoscythe
He should just end his misery and declare for the NFL draft already.
M
Mars


Someone said he was going to Miami. I assumed it was a joke, but I'm not sure.
S
snoscythe
Mars wrote:


Someone said he was going to Miami. I assumed it was a joke, but I'm not sure.


of Ohio?
S
scott715
Florida. Their starter left and the backup got hurt.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
Florida. Their starter left and the backup got hurt.


That would give him a better supporting cast than he has been used to getting - but some nasty opposing defenses to contend with.



I would like to see Heaps get a chance like Miami. I have no idea how it would turn out - but, I would follow the story.



5th Year Senior.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarfan87
I would think it was pretty sweet if he found a way to salvage it all in his last year of eligibility. I wouldn't bet on it based on his past performance, but I think it would be a very good story.
C
craigoscarson
How do you untrain him out of the "deer in the headlights" performances? He simply is not a gamer.
G
Guest
Good luck to him at the U.I hope he has his most successful year yet.
C
Cougarbib
Most comments posted after the D News article I read seemed to assume he is hanging up the cleats for good. That leaves a wide range of potential out comes. Playing nowhere at all to playing at an ACC school or something in between.



wait...........



National Sources confirming today. It is Miami. Congratulations Jake. Make the most of it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Nice to see him coming to BYU and starting school early paid off for him. Wouldn't have been able to graduate otherwise.



Best of luck to him. But, I suspect we'll see the 3rd string QB in there soon.
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
When will he finally figure out what most on CC already knew.....Jake! You are such a "quitter!"



http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2014/06/qb-guru-who-tutored-aaron-rodgers-believes-jake-heaps-headed-for-monster-year-with-canes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


If he ends up with a degree from Kansas and a master's from Miami if nothing else, he will have great academic credentials.



In a way, after reading this article, BYU and UK fans were not as critical of Heaps as his own guru who while talking about the monster year Jake would have at Miami and blaming his lack of success at BYU on Do man and lack if success at Kansas on receivers and a terrible program apologized all the way through the article for Heaps being short and lacking arm strength. I never heard fans criticism either of those things about Heaps. He also apologized for his limited mobility when things break down. Fans did make that criticism. But BYU fans praised Jake for having a cannon for an arm and never mentioned him being short - 6 footer at best. I guess relative to Nelson, Heaps' arm seemed like a cannon.



Jake says he will show up at the end of June. Really? I thought Riley taught him that lesson. Be there when teammates are forming relationships and loyalties. He is already studying the playbook, but other guys are hanging with and throwing to the receivers.



I would really like to see Jake Heaps on the field in week 1. That is his window.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Stirfry
Cougarbib wrote:
When will he finally figure out what most on CC already knew.....Jake! You are such a "quitter!"



http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2014/06/qb-guru-who-tutored-aaron-rodgers-believes-jake-heaps-headed-for-monster-year-with-canes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


In a way, after reading this article, BYU and UK fans were not as critical of Heaps as his own guru



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


There might be a way but that way is really really far away.



The most impressive thing about Heaps is that I've never seen anything from him that he's complained or talked down about his previous schools or coaches. I'd love to see him have a great year but it would be a huge suprise if it worked out at this point. He never should have gone to Kansas. How do you salvage a career playing for a team that wins 1-2 games?
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.