Little bit of a tangent here, but I don't get the hype for the preseason football magazines; especially with the availability and access the internet provides... I've heard well respected media can't wait to get the phil steele, etc. etc. etc. annual magazine and what I find is that I NEVER know less than they do about our team and the only reason I want to pay for the mag is to see what they say about my team... then when they're completely off, I can't imagine that they're right about other teams.
They get things wrong too often; this year Phil Steele claims our Oline is the 15th best in the country, and is our best unit... why? Because we return a lot of players.... I would be happy if we had a top 50 Oline....
In years past, I've read that Devin Mahina is a lock for the NFL, etc. etc. etc. I just don't get it, the media that know our team best is the media that cover it day in and day out; the media that know the other teams the best are the media that cover it day in and day out... With the exception of "Florida State is going to be really good" I think the national media is wrong just as much as they're right and the only time they get an individual team right, is when they go to the coaches or local media and get their information from them.
I wish opposing coaches got their scouting info from the national media... but they don't. They watch tape and the tape shows that Taysom Hill has a big arm and it has to be respected when he has time to throw. Our Oline is paramount in giving him time to throw so I guess I hope Phil Steele is right, but I'm not about to go buy that rag.