Archived Topic

Porter Gustin Article

by stgeorgefan · 6/5/2014

Advertisement
S
stgeorgefan
Nice clarification article for those of us out of the Utah County loop.

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2014/6/5/5781144/byu-cougars-football-recruiting-porter-gustin



I've watched this kids highlights and kept track of him for awhile on totalbluesports.com and can't figure out why Byu hasn't offered him. Why didn't they offer him1-2 years ago?

He is a dream recruit(local kid, grew up byu fan, blue chipper) I don't buy into the whole "we have all our LB's locked up" line. Kid could play DE or we could shuffle other kids around. You make it work for these types of athletes.



With all that being said it's painfully obvious that there is something going on for them not to offer. I hope it's as simple as pride(we missed on you and we don't want to offer late and get turned down).



Linebacker U not offering 4 star LB in their own back yard :sulk:
M
mizzoucoug
This is a strange one. I don't blame fans for voicing their displeasure about how they're handling this kid. Unfortunately, we'll never get a straight answer one way or another.
S
stgeorgefan
mizzoucoug wrote:
This is a strange one. I don't blame fans for voicing their displeasure about how they're handling this kid. Unfortunately, we'll never get a straight answer one way or another.


I hope your wrong and we do get an answer from Byu. As of now we only have Porter's side and from there it looks like we screwed the pooch.
M
mizzoucoug
stgeorgefan wrote:
This is a strange one. I don't blame fans for voicing their displeasure about how they're handling this kid. Unfortunately, we'll never get a straight answer one way or another.


I hope your wrong and we do get an answer from Byu. As of now we only have Porter's side and from there it looks like we screwed the pooch.


But all these articles make it seem like it's too late. That can't really be the case can it?
S
Stirfry
It better not be due to scholarship limits. It doesn't sound like its too late but it sounds like a good airing of the grievances might need to happen.



Theres somewhere on this team that he can contribute.
Advertisement
N
NDCougar
stgeorgefan wrote:
This is a strange one. I don't blame fans for voicing their displeasure about how they're handling this kid. Unfortunately, we'll never get a straight answer one way or another.


I hope your wrong and we do get an answer from Byu. As of now we only have Porter's side and from there it looks like we screwed the pooch.




BYU cannot comment on recruits, so do not expect that. Potentially some clarity down the road if he ends up at BYU, otherwise we will not hear BYU's story publicly.
D
Ddawg
I read the entire "Vanquish the Foe" article about Porter. It's a head scratcher. Obviously, I'd love to see such a good and talented kid end up playing smash mouth football as a Coug. It's a mystery. I hope the Y staff get this sorted out and finds a spot for him.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.