S
scott715Nevada and BYU mutually agreed to remove a 2019 trip by the Wolf Pack to Provo, Utah from the schedule
by scott715 · 6/5/2014
jvquarterback wrote:
Or you could say BYU paid UCLA's exit fee from an agreement with Nevada to get the h-h with UCLA.
How much does BYU make playing an FCS team vs Nevada (TV + stadium revenue)? That's how much BYU paid to get a h-h with UCLA. It might have been cheaper just to pay UCLA's fee straight up.
Cougarbib wrote:Or you could say BYU paid UCLA's exit fee from an agreement with Nevada to get the h-h with UCLA.
How much does BYU make playing an FCS team vs Nevada (TV + stadium revenue)? That's how much BYU paid to get a h-h with UCLA. It might have been cheaper just to pay UCLA's fee straight up.
Splain to me how this hurts BYU?
BYU drop a lousy home game with Nevada
BYU gets a cherished Home and Away with UCLA
Splain why anyone would be mad at Nevada?
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
jvquarterback wrote:jvquarterback wrote:
Or you could say BYU paid UCLA's exit fee from an agreement with Nevada to get the h-h with UCLA.
How much does BYU make playing an FCS team vs Nevada (TV + stadium revenue)? That's how much BYU paid to get a h-h with UCLA. It might have been cheaper just to pay UCLA's fee straight up.
Splain to me how this hurts BYU?
BYU drop a lousy home game with Nevada
BYU gets a cherished Home and Away with UCLA
Splain why anyone would be mad at Nevada?
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Nevada got rid of two away games and one home game. BYU netted one away game with the announcements. It's great to have UCLA for a h-h but unless UNR paid for ditching the game @ Provo and the announcements are totally separate deals BYU lost out (unless you think BYU playing an FCS team is equivalent to playing UNR which I'll admit is debatable).
Cougarbib wrote:Cougarbib wrote:Or you could say BYU paid UCLA's exit fee from an agreement with Nevada to get the h-h with UCLA.
How much does BYU make playing an FCS team vs Nevada (TV + stadium revenue)? That's how much BYU paid to get a h-h with UCLA. It might have been cheaper just to pay UCLA's fee straight up.
Splain to me how this hurts BYU?
BYU drop a lousy home game with Nevada
BYU gets a cherished Home and Away with UCLA
Splain why anyone would be mad at Nevada?
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Nevada got rid of two away games and one home game. BYU netted one away game with the announcements. It's great to have UCLA for a h-h but unless UNR paid for ditching the game @ Provo and the announcements are totally separate deals BYU lost out (unless you think BYU playing an FCS team is equivalent to playing UNR which I'll admit is debatable).
jvquarterback wrote:
BYU needs to buy an extra home game as a result of losing the Nevada game.
Cougarbib wrote:
...
One of us misread the announcement. I will go read it again - carefully. But I already re-read it to make sure I understood it before I quoted your initial comment.
Mr understanding is this: BYU released Nevada from one game and only one game. UCLA released Nevada from 2 games. Nevada scheduled 3 games to replace those 3 games they dropped. They will rollover once for an SEC team and play a h-h series with the FCS team.
...
Fido wrote:...
One of us misread the announcement. I will go read it again - carefully. But I already re-read it to make sure I understood it before I quoted your initial comment.
Mr understanding is this: BYU released Nevada from one game and only one game. UCLA released Nevada from 2 games. Nevada scheduled 3 games to replace those 3 games they dropped. They will rollover once for an SEC team and play a h-h series with the FCS team.
...
Just to set the record straight, the Buffalo Bulls is a FBS school in the MAC--not a FCS school.
Fido wrote:...
One of us misread the announcement. I will go read it again - carefully. But I already re-read it to make sure I understood it before I quoted your initial comment.
Mr understanding is this: BYU released Nevada from one game and only one game. UCLA released Nevada from 2 games. Nevada scheduled 3 games to replace those 3 games they dropped. They will rollover once for an SEC team and play a h-h series with the FCS team.
...
Just to set the record straight, the Buffalo Bulls is a FBS school in the MAC--not a FCS school.