Archived Topic

New WCC Comissioner

by EM_Puma · 6/5/2014

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
So do we know who the new WCC Comissioner is? I wonder if TH would ever entertain the thought of being a small-time comish.
E
EM_Puma
New WCC commissioner is a female, Lynn Holzman? Does anyone other conference have a woman commissioner? Has there ever been a woman commissioner of any Div 1 BB conference? Just curious and a bit surprised.
S
SpiffCoug
I swear she had a previous job title straight out of The Office. It was something like Chief Associate Assistant to the Commission of the West Coast Conference.
S
snoscythe
I fell asleep reading that bio......



http://www.wccsports.com/genrel/holzman_lynn00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



I pity the person(s) who have a job that requires them to read those kinds of resumes/biographies with any regularity.
E
EM_Puma
I watched her interview yesterday on BYU Sports Nation (BYUtv) and I left believing she has the credentials. I guess I was just in an old fashion mode and not thinking a female would be the commissioner of a major college conference (I'm talking Division 1). I honestly don't see any issues, but just seems strange if she were the only one of the thirty at the Division 1 meetings next week.



I'm curious at who does the hiring of this individual since they are the top dog of the conference management. Was it the team AD's or school presidents?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.