Archived Topic

BYU Football Camp in CA

by scott715 · 6/2/2014

Advertisement
J
jvquarterback
Looks like you beat me by 2 minutes.



I think this is great. The SEC is trying to ban this practice through NCAA regulations (Penn St does this in Atlanta sponsored by Georgia St). The rule is that a team cannot have a camp more than 50 miles from campus but they can participate and coach at another colleges camp.



Looks like Colorado and Washington also have camps with Redlands.



I would have one of these in Hawaii, California, Texas, etc.
S
scott715
Not excited to see that WA and CO beat us to this. It also waters down who would attend with 3 choices. Unless they are all together at the same time.
J
jvquarterback
scott715 wrote:
Not excited to see that WA and CO beat us to this. It also waters down who would attend with 3 choices. Unless they are all together at the same time.


I'm not sure why they don't do something with a program that would only be BYU. I think they can do it with a DIII school if they want. There are plenty of options in Southern California. Maybe there was no upfront cost to the program and they just wanted to test out the concept.



Looks like the PAC just approved the concept. They should do one over spring break in Mesa sponsored by NAU. They could do fan appreciation events in conjunction with the events as well.
Advertisement
S
scott715
The possibilities are endless. I hope they are able to connect with local high school coaches too. Especially in Texas.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.