Archived Topic

Billy Green is Transfering

by scott715 · 5/30/2014

Advertisement
S
scott715
According to tweets.
F
Fido
Yeah, Loyal Cougars had removed him off their roster. Looking for playing time I guess.
B
BoiseBYU
Apparetnly he thinks the grass is greener elsewhere....
C
Cougarbib
The Pritchard thread has a Jay Drew link confirming this. He requested and received a release. Destination unknown at this point.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Wish him the best of luck. Hopefully the coaches are making the right decision, that the incoming QBs are better. I suspect that they are but I never saw him play in Provo.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Looks like Iona Pritchard is transferring too per the tweets on the side bar.
M
MileHighCougarFan
This one was not a surprise to me. Historically, passing has been the trademark of BYU QBs. Billy Green was perfect for a Coach Edwards offense. Anae is breaking the mold that took decades to build... And I hope it work out, because he has misused some great talent.



I won't be surprised if Mangum has already made up his mind to go elsewhere.



Arms are undervalued at the Y.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Billy Green never looked like a prototypical BYU passing QB anytime I ever saw him in practice. He seemed like a good kid, but I would have said accurate throws were his biggest weakness at this stage in his development.
C
Cougarbib
MileHighCougarFan wrote:
This one was not a surprise to me. Historically, passing has been the trademark of BYU QBs. Billy Green was perfect for a Coach Edwards offense. Anae is breaking the mold that took decades to build... And I hope it work out, because he has misused some great talent.



I won't be surprised if Mangum has already made up his mind to go elsewhere.



Arms are undervalued at the Y.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Ok. I will take the bait. What great QB or other talent has Anae misused?



Also, unless Mangum likes to assume the fetal position every time a pass rusher gets close, he will be fine at BYU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
MileHighCougarFan wrote:
Arms are undervalued at the Y.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Arms don't win football games. QBs who can make good,quick decisions and then deliver the ball accurately are what win football games.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
MileHighCougarFan wrote:
This one was not a surprise to me. Historically, passing has been the trademark of BYU QBs. Billy Green was perfect for a Coach Edwards offense. Anae is breaking the mold that took decades to build... And I hope it work out, because he has misused some great talent.



I won't be surprised if Mangum has already made up his mind to go elsewhere.



Arms are undervalued at the Y.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


??



I thought Billy Green was more dual-threat/athlete than passer--he ran 80+ times his Senior season in HS for 5+ YPC....not exactly your prototypical Wilson/Neilson/Sheide/Bosco/McMahon/Detmer/Sarkisian/Beck QB.
C
craigoscarson
I think Billy Green was a reach and that he and Iona were told by the coaching staff that they could help them find a place to play. Bronco has Oregon State ties, it's no surprise that Iona ended up there.



Those future scholarships are worth a lot more, 2015 could be very special and a couple plug in jucos could be invaluable
C
Cougarbib
craigoscarson wrote:
I think Billy Green was a reach and that he and Iona were told by the coaching staff that they could help them find a place to play. Bronco has Oregon State ties, it's no surprise that Iona ended up there.



Those future scholarships are worth a lot more, 2015 could be very special and a couple plug in jucos could be invaluable

Pritchard's brother, Baker already transferred to Oregon State. Iona had to take 20 units last semester and graduate before he could transfer. Pritchards seemed to really want a change of scenery.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
snoscythe wrote:
This one was not a surprise to me. Historically, passing has been the trademark of BYU QBs. Billy Green was perfect for a Coach Edwards offense. Anae is breaking the mold that took decades to build... And I hope it work out, because he has misused some great talent.



I won't be surprised if Mangum has already made up his mind to go elsewhere.



Arms are undervalued at the Y.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


??



I thought Billy Green was more dual-threat/athlete than passer--he ran 80+ times his Senior season in HS for 5+ YPC....not exactly your prototypical Wilson/Neilson/Sheide/Bosco/McMahon/Detmer/Sarkisian/Beck QB.


I will say it again. The drop back, pocket passing game at BYU is over. The past five years have proved that.
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
MileHighCougarFan wrote:
This one was not a surprise to me. Historically, passing has been the trademark of BYU QBs. Billy Green was perfect for a Coach Edwards offense. Anae is breaking the mold that took decades to build... And I hope it work out, because he has misused some great talent.



I won't be surprised if Mangum has already made up his mind to go elsewhere.



Arms are undervalued at the Y.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


??



I thought Billy Green was more dual-threat/athlete than passer--he ran 80+ times his Senior season in HS for 5+ YPC....not exactly your prototypical Wilson/Neilson/Sheide/Bosco/McMahon/Detmer/Sarkisian/Beck QB.


I will say it again. The drop back, pocket passing game at BYU is over. The past five years have proved that.


Seems to be a sign of the times - nationally.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
With these transfers out of the program, I'm glad BYU was well above the safe zone in APR. It'll be interesting to see how the APR is affected.
S
snoscythe
Cougs_Rule wrote:
MileHighCougarFan wrote:
This one was not a surprise to me. Historically, passing has been the trademark of BYU QBs. Billy Green was perfect for a Coach Edwards offense. Anae is breaking the mold that took decades to build... And I hope it work out, because he has misused some great talent.



I won't be surprised if Mangum has already made up his mind to go elsewhere.



Arms are undervalued at the Y.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


??



I thought Billy Green was more dual-threat/athlete than passer--he ran 80+ times his Senior season in HS for 5+ YPC....not exactly your prototypical Wilson/Neilson/Sheide/Bosco/McMahon/Detmer/Sarkisian/Beck QB.


I will say it again. The drop back, pocket passing game at BYU is over. The past five years have proved that.


Billy Green's departure is not evidence of that. To the contrary, his signing with BYU was evidence of your statement.....with which I agree.
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
With these transfers out of the program, I'm glad BYU was well above the safe zone in APR. It'll be interesting to see how the APR is affected.


Pritchard graduated. His little brother transferred coming back from his mission. Neither are likely to have been academic casualties. Both had a P5 destination.



Green seems to be a different story. Leaving, but it is not clear where he is going. Kind of like Jake Heaps leaving KU only more so, because Green is confirmed and Jake is just rumored to be going. Green probably wants a better chance to play.



Who was Billy Green's landlord? I know nothing. Just askin



;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
I Googled Billy Green to see who originally recruited him. Pretty decent list. He is from Washington. A photo pops up. Uncanny resemblance to the boyish looks of Jake Heaps. Maybe it is the apples.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
best of luck to both of them.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.