Archived Topic

Prediction game improvements

by hawkwing · 12/7/2009

Advertisement
G
Guest
I'm taking a few minutes to do a few improvements.



First, I've added the date and time to the prediction screen, so you can see when upcoming games are.



Secondly, I've clarified the wording on one of the questions in the BBALL game (who will MAKE more free throws).



I also have some plans for the future, regarding how to have a whole season of the basketball without it getting really scrunched up and small, but I can't work on that until I have more free time.



If you have other suggestions for the game, can you put them here, even if you've suggested them before, this way I have all the ideas in one place.
S
snoscythe
Two ideas:



(1) Can you add another column that averages your points? That would make the games more fun for people who miss a game or two--they'd still have an idea as to how they stack up, they just can't get the crown.

(2) Can you make the table "sortable" so when I click on the USU game it sorts by high score for that game?
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:
Two ideas:



(1) Can you add another column that averages your points? That would make the games more fun for people who miss a game or two--they'd still have an idea as to how they stack up, they just can't get the crown.

(2) Can you make the table "sortable" so when I click on the USU game it sorts by high score for that game?

Love both of these ideas.
M
Mars


Thanks Hawk!
S
Schmoe
This is the best I've ever done in a prediction game, and being the superstitious type, I would advocate that you leave it exactly how it is.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Can you make it to where my predictions don't suck so bad? :roll: Thanks! ;)
G
Guest
ABYUFAN wrote:
Can you make it to where my predictions don't suck so bad? :roll: Thanks! ;)


That my friend is what we call 'custom programming' and it costs $175/hour ;)
G
Guest
Some people have also been talking about when the game closes/no longer accepts entries. I like to have it close a little early, in case a game time gets moved up and no one remembers to go back and change the schedule, but if there is a big enough outcry I could be persuaded to make a change.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.