Archived Topic

Best BYU team for $15

by scott715 · 5/29/2014

Advertisement
S
scott715
Now for basketball
G
Guest
No utes ever.



Jimmer

Cosic

Ainge



I'd play 3 on 5 with those guys.
C
craigoscarson
scott715 wrote:
Now for basketball


I'm going to assume if they didn't make the list they're a dollar

Give me

$5 Fredette

$5 Ainge

$1 Jeff Chatman (should be on the list)

$1 Michael Smith

$3 Bradley



That team would have won a national championship last year
S
SpiffCoug
Craig, that team would win a championship most years.
G
Gunk
craigoscarson wrote:
Now for basketball


I'm going to assume if they didn't make the list they're a dollar

Give me

$5 Fredette

$5 Ainge

$1 Jeff Chatman (should be on the list)

$1 Michael Smith

$3 Bradley



That team would have won a national championship last year


No Travis Hansen?



I like Bradley, but wouldn't mind seeing Rafa down low. Guy could clear out the middle like no other. Bradley has those long, shot blocking arms, though. Hmmmm....



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Kieth Van Horn is 5 bucks and Tom Chambers is $2? :gross: :roll:



Get real!



And FWIW

The only right answer has to be:



Jimmer

Haws

Smith

Hansen

Cosic
B
BYULV
Mike smith, Shawn Bradley and Travis Hansen are a steal for $1, $3 & $2. Only problem is you can't buy Ainge and Fredette for $9. If you can only use what they're giving us, I would take Ainge for $5 and (I know he's not a Coug, but ... ) Damien Lillard for $4. Sorry Jimmer, there was no luxury tax option. These 5 would be incredible. 5 potential game changers on the floor at the same time.
B
Brayden Green
Jimmer - $5

Ainge - $5

Cummard OR Toolson - $1

Keena Young $1

Bradley $3
V
vancouvercougar
hawkwing wrote:
No utes ever.



Jimmer

Cosic

Ainge



I'd play 3 on 5 with those guys.


Hawk, your team cost you $14. Why not put Michael Smith on your team.



Jimmer

Ainge

Cosic

Smith



I'd play 4 on 5 with those guys
G
Guest
vancouvercougar wrote:
No utes ever.



Jimmer

Cosic

Ainge



I'd play 3 on 5 with those guys.


Hawk, your team cost you $14. Why not put Michael Smith on your team.



Jimmer

Ainge

Cosic

Smith



I'd play 4 on 5 with those guys

Thanks. That works.
Advertisement
N
nuk13
scott715 wrote:
Now for basketball


Cosic (Have to have him.)

Estes (I'm a Montana Mormon and he was great!)

Ainge (see Cosic)

Jensen (I don't even remember him but he's one buck. If you can get cummard or Chapman in I'd take one of them.)

Haws ($1and he knows where Ainge is and he'd get to the rest easy enough.)
S
SpiffCoug
I think the BYU best team would beat a Utah best team:

BYU:

Marty Haws $1

Danny Ainge $5

Devin Durrant $5

Michael Smith $1

Shawn Bradley $3



Utah:

Andre Miller $3

Arnie Ferrin $1

Alex Jensen $1

Keith Van Horn $5

Andrew Bogut $5



First off, there would be chemistry issues on Utah since KVN would be the only guy without a first name that starts with "A".



Second, Marty would easily be fast enough to stay in front of Miller and keep him out of the paint. And Marty was just as good a shooter .



Arnie Ferrin would get eaten alive by Danny. Ainge would completely shut down Arnie’s poor shooting game (32.6% career shooter). And Ainge would do whatever he wanted on offense.



Devin Durrant was one of the best scorers in state history and his matchup with Alex Jensen would actually be pretty interesting to see. But Double D gives me more offense than AJ.



KVN and Michael Smith would be a great battle as well. This might be a wash.



Bogut would have a tough time with Bradley. Bradley controlled the paint in his lone year in Provo.



It would be a fun game watch though, with BYU winning. Utah would likely try to slow it down since they would know they couldn’t keep pace.
N
nuk13
SpiffCoug wrote:
I think the BYU best team would beat a Utah best team:

BYU:

Marty Haws $1

Danny Ainge $5

Devin Durrant $5

Michael Smith $1

Shawn Bradley $3



Utah:

Andre Miller $3

Arnie Ferrin $1

Alex Jensen $1

Keith Van Horn $5

Andrew Bogut $5



First off, there would be chemistry issues on Utah since KVN would be the only guy without a first name that starts with "A".



Second, Marty would easily be fast enough to stay in front of Miller and keep him out of the paint. And Marty was just as good a shooter .



Arnie Ferrin would get eaten alive by Danny. Ainge would completely shut down Arnie’s poor shooting game (32.6% career shooter). And Ainge would do whatever he wanted on offense.



Devin Durrant was one of the best scorers in state history and his matchup with Alex Jensen would actually be pretty interesting to see. But Double D gives me more offense than AJ.



KVN and Michael Smith would be a great battle as well. This might be a wash.



Bogut would have a tough time with Bradley. Bradley controlled the paint in his lone year in Provo.



It would be a fun game watch though, with BYU winning. Utah would likely try to slow it down since they would know they couldn’t keep pace.


That game would make a lot of $$$$!
S
SpiffCoug
OH! This is what the Deseret Duel should do!



Each year bring in alumni from each school from each sport and play the games. Do 7v7s in football, 3v3 in basketball 1/2 court, etc.
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
OH! This is what the Deseret Duel should do!



Each year bring in alumni from each school from each sport and play the games. Do 7v7s in football, 3v3 in basketball 1/2 court, etc.


It would give the Utes the added benefit of scouted out the next coaching hires from the BYU alumni.
Advertisement
N
nuk13
hawkwing wrote:
OH! This is what the Deseret Duel should do!



Each year bring in alumni from each school from each sport and play the games. Do 7v7s in football, 3v3 in basketball 1/2 court, etc.


It would give the Utes the added benefit of scouted out the next coaching hires from the BYU alumni.

Ha ha!!! Good one. When do you think they'll need the next one?
G
Guest
nuk13 wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
OH! This is what the Deseret Duel should do!



Each year bring in alumni from each school from each sport and play the games. Do 7v7s in football, 3v3 in basketball 1/2 court, etc.


It would give the Utes the added benefit of scouted out the next coaching hires from the BYU alumni.

Ha ha!!! Good one. When do you think they'll need the next one?


Pretty soon, I'm thinking... Pretty soon.
C
Cougarbib
How do you pick a BYU team when half the guys are not cougars? But, Wayne Estes would be tempting. Great guy. Died tragically.

Anyway - thread title is wrong given the candidates.



Note that you can buy Best Football for $12 and nor suffer any Utes, Wildcats, or Aggies.



A true Best BYU menu might reveal how much stronger our football program is than basketball.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
IowaCougar
I picked out:

$5 - Jimmer

$2 - Hansen

$4 - Cosic

$3 - Haws

$1 - Smith



and then I looked and found that I'm not the first to pick this combination. I guess there are plenty of smart people around!



By the way, I remember watching Cosic play. He was amazingly dominant.
N
nuk13
IowaCougar wrote:
I picked out:

$5 - Jimmer

$2 - Hansen

$4 - Cosic

$3 - Haws

$1 - Smith



and then I looked and found that I'm not the first to pick this combination. I guess there are plenty of smart people around!



By the way, I remember watching Cosic play. He was amazingly dominant.


I saw him launch and hit one from 1/2 court! He'd dribbled it there. He was supposed to be a center. Of course he could have played power forward, small forward, shooting guard and oh ya point guard. A lot of good players, we're told, could play multiple positions. None better than this guy. He's a steal for $4.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.