Archived Topic

Best BYU team for $12

by SpiffCoug · 5/28/2014

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I saw Wrubbel tweet this out about the NBA. Given $12, and the players listed, who would you have on your all-time BYU offensive skill position team?


Presentation1.gif

Here's what I've got:

QB: $5 McMahon

RB: $1 VanValkenburg

TE: $3 Harline

WR: $3 Drage
G
Guest
Shouldn't that be best BYU team for $12 in the title?



QB: $3 Young

RB: $3 Brown

TE: $1 Brown

WR: $5 Collie
S
scott715
For $12 not $15? Can I take the bottom 4 and keep the $8? I know I know. This is really tough.



QB: $3 Young

RB: $1 VanValkenberg (never saw him play but I heard good things and only $1)

TE: $3 Harline (though I really like all-pro Lewis better at $2)

WR: $5 Collie
C
CrimsonCoug
QB: $3 Steve do-it-all Young

RB: $3 Curtis never-drops-the-ball Brown

TE: $2 Chad all-pro Lewis

WR:$4 Cody mr-magnet Hoffman



You got your ball security all over, your reliable yards in Brown and Lewis, and a bit of keep-you-on-your-toes razzle-dazzle in Hoffman and Young.



No 5-buck chips in there, but the gradient between the 4s and 5s is pretty small. And Chad Lewis is a bargain 2-buck chuck.
S
Schmoe
Steve Young, Luke Staley, Cody Hoffman, and I only need a blocking tight end.
Advertisement
W
Wolverine
QB: $1 Max Hall: 1st career wins, 2nd all time yards, completion %, and TD's and he hates Utah. A bargain for $1.00

RB: $3 Curtis Brown: 1st career rushing TD's, 2nd career rushing yards, knew how to catch the ball out of the backfield and get some yards

TE: $3 Johnny Harline: 5th career yards and TD's, his likeness stares me in the face every time I visit CC, and the dude is still open

WR: $5 Austin Collie: Would be all-time statistical leader in everything had he stayed four years, Hall to Collie 1st in TD's combo at 22
C
Cougarbib
Does this mean Glenn Kozlowski and Matt Belini are free?



Steve Young, Curtis Brown, Clay Brown, and Austin Collie plus some free guys like the two above, Fui, Manase, Gordon Hudson, and some linemen. Plus JW.



Hall, Staley, Clay Brown, and Collie would be a nice combo.



No offense to McMahon or Detmer - I just think a lesser QB can get the job done if surrounded by the right talent. I splurged on Collie because I think some top 5 guys were missing from that list. I named Koz above that I would take over Hoff. I would take slot receiver / RB / WR Matt over his brother Mark.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I went with McMahon, because I think I could win more games with McMahon and all the $1s than the other QBs.
M
mormonrasta
Young 3

Jenkins 2

Lewis 2

Collie 5
B
BYULV
Detmer $4 - wins at all costs like McMahon but even smarter

Staley $5 - unbelievable running back when healthy, no other BYU back even comes close.

Lewis $2 - bargain All Pro

Koslowski $1 - always gets open and never drops a ball, scrappy player. He and Detmer would have a field day
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
(Assuming if someone isn't on the list they are $1.)



Max Hall - $1

Luke Staley - $5

Dennis Pitta - $5

Ben Cahoon - $1



All time winningest QB in Max Hall at BYU, 2nd in yards, TDs, and completion percentage. A true fighter and competitor. BYU's only Doak Walker winner who was part of the most electric offense in BYU history. Staley led the nation in almost every relevant stat, including scoring per game at 15.5 points per game. Pitta is BYU's all time leading receiver and yards per game. Ben Cahoon pairs up nicely with Pitta with both receivers catching anything thrown within 5 yards of them.



BRING IT! :D
C
Cougarbib
On 2nd thought, you could buy 4 pair of socks for $12.00.



;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Blue I like your team but Hall is not a good match with Staley. You need a QB that could do the option like Steve Young. Now that would be awesome.
B
Brayden Green
scott715 wrote:
Blue I like your team but Hall is not a good match with Staley. You need a QB that could do the option like Steve Young. Now that would be awesome.


Thanks. Hall can move, he just didn't have to much here at BYU because of the caliber of lineman we had (emphasis on "had"). 8 lineman got NFL paychecks that Hall played with. He never really had to run, but when he did he could.
F
frdbtr
just take the $4 line straight across the board.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
frdbtr wrote:
just take the $4 line straight across the board.


http://cdn.arwrath.com/8/84581.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
snoscythe wrote:
just take the $4 line straight across the board.


http://cdn.arwrath.com/8/84581.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Haha! Well, it sounds like a cop out but how can you go wrong with the best BYU QB of all time (all time in yards and TD's), the All time leading rusher, the all time leading receiver in all receiving categories, and arguably the best TE in BYU history. There actually was a method to my madness :)
G
Guest
frdbtr wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
just take the $4 line straight across the board.


http://cdn.arwrath.com/8/84581.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Haha! Well, it sounds like a cop out but how can you go wrong with the best BYU QB of all time (all time in yards and TD's), the All time leading rusher, the all time leading receiver in all receiving categories, and arguably the best TE in BYU history. There actually was a method to my madness :)


I'm no math wizard, but I do have a very grumpy cat. How exactly do you get 4*$4 = $12?
R
redneckjedi
$4 Ty Detmer + $3 Curtis Brown + $2 Chad Lewis, + $3 Eric Drage = $12



All Hands Team plus Ty Detmer. Watch out for the draw trap!
F
frdbtr
hawkwing wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
just take the $4 line straight across the board.


http://cdn.arwrath.com/8/84581.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Haha! Well, it sounds like a cop out but how can you go wrong with the best BYU QB of all time (all time in yards and TD's), the All time leading rusher, the all time leading receiver in all receiving categories, and arguably the best TE in BYU history. There actually was a method to my madness :)


I'm no math wizard, but I do have a very grumpy cat. How exactly do you get 4*$4 = $12?


Oh Geez, the truth is out, I graduated from the u of u.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.