Archived Topic

Ranking the 2014 Schedule

by SpiffCoug · 5/28/2014

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
With the run-off last week, today we'll proceed with the 9th most difficult game. Here's how the schedule looks so far:

1. ???

2. ???

3. ???

4. ???

5. ???

6. ???

7. ???

8. ???

9. ???

10. Virginia 40%

11. Nevada 60%

12. Savannah St 96.4%



I'm torn in this one between UNLV and Cal. But think traveling to Cal late in the season, when BYU may not have much to play for could be a late, trap game. So I'm going with UNLV. It's the final home game and I doubt the seniors will want to lose (and we could even be saying goodbye to other players like Taysom Hill as well).
M
Mars


This is a tough one. There may be 4 candidates... but UNLV is in Provo.
W
Wolverine
Mars wrote:


This is a tough one. There may be 4 candidates... but UNLV is in Provo.

This
M
mizzoucoug
I still can't help but wonder what kinds of people are choosing BCS teams on the road as our easiest games. Is that just a hope gesture? Is it out of spite? I mean Cal may have had a bad season but they recruit a top 40 class every year, which is better than we get. This makes them inherently dangerous. And since when is a road game ever easy for a BYU sports team? It just boggles the mind.
S
scott715
And UVA signed two 5 star recruits and lost only 7 seniors from last year.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
mizzoucoug wrote:
I still can't help but wonder what kinds of people are choosing BCS teams on the road as our easiest games. Is that just a hope gesture? Is it out of spite? I mean Cal may have had a bad season but they recruit a top 40 class every year, which is better than we get. This makes them inherently dangerous. And since when is a road game ever easy for a BYU sports team? It just boggles the mind.


It is well documented that I agree with every point you just made, and yet



I just picked CAL.



I do not expect CAL, UNLV, UCONN, MTSU, etc., to just roll over for BYU, I just expect CAL to take a while to turn things. Quite frankly, 6 of the bottom 7 are all pretty close to each other.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
And Cal could on the verge of another 1-11 season by the time BYU plays them, so they may not have anything to play for.
S
Stirfry
Cougarbib wrote:
I still can't help but wonder what kinds of people are choosing BCS teams on the road as our easiest games. Is that just a hope gesture? Is it out of spite? I mean Cal may have had a bad season but they recruit a top 40 class every year, which is better than we get. This makes them inherently dangerous. And since when is a road game ever easy for a BYU sports team? It just boggles the mind.


It is well documented that I agree with every point you just made, and yet



I just picked CAL.



I do not expect CAL, UNLV, UCONN, MTSU, etc., to just roll over for BYU, I just expect CAL to take a while to turn things. Quite frankly, 6 of the bottom 7 are all pretty close to each other.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I went with Cal. They went 1-11 even with top 40 classes in the past and i think BYU will be more than motivated to beat up on a Pac 12 team. And like Bib said, the bottom teams are all about the same so why not stick it to the Pac 12?
C
Cougarbib
I will go out on a limb and predict that UNLV will win barely, 6-6, enough to be Bowl Eligible - even though they likely will get a post season ban due to academics. No better. Maybe 5-6.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jvquarterback
Both UNLV and MTSU will be easier games than UVa.



You need to put UVa back in the mix.
Advertisement
S
scott715
The voters have spoken. No putting back. They might be dumb but no putting back.
J
jvquarterback
scott715 wrote:
The voters have spoken. No putting back. They might be dumb but no putting back.


I don't think they did though. They voted for UNR. They haven't voted for UVa.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
Stirfry wrote:
mizzoucoug wrote:
I still can't help but wonder what kinds of people are choosing BCS teams on the road as our easiest games. Is that just a hope gesture? Is it out of spite? I mean Cal may have had a bad season but they recruit a top 40 class every year, which is better than we get. This makes them inherently dangerous. And since when is a road game ever easy for a BYU sports team? It just boggles the mind.


It is well documented that I agree with every point you just made, and yet



I just picked CAL.



I do not expect CAL, UNLV, UCONN, MTSU, etc., to just roll over for BYU, I just expect CAL to take a while to turn things. Quite frankly, 6 of the bottom 7 are all pretty close to each other.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I went with Cal. They went 1-11 even with top 40 classes in the past and i think BYU will be more than motivated to beat up on a Pac 12 team. And like Bib said, the bottom teams are all about the same so why not stick it to the Pac 12?


With all the games remaining on this list, I just can't fathom this logic. At home, yes, I think we'd kill them. But BYU is a crappy, crappy, crappy road team. We blew out GT, but other than that I can't remember the last time we walked into a BCS team's house and rolled them.
S
SpiffCoug
jvquarterback wrote:
The voters have spoken. No putting back. They might be dumb but no putting back.


I don't think they did though. They voted for UNR. They haven't voted for UVa.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

UVA and UNR tied for the 2nd least difficult game, it made sense to me have those two then be 2nd and 3rd least difficult game. Similar to our final poll, which will be asking to choose between two teams. The winner of that poll will be the most difficult and the other team will be the 2nd most difficult.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.