Archived Topic

Cougarfan.com Virus?

by byufan4ever · 5/6/2014

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Along with CougarCorner I visit http://www.cougarfan.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on a daily basis for my BYU sports news. Recently, every time that I've clicked on a link it goes to some site like http://goo.gl/jgq1Jr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and I get a message saying that virus has been detected and blocked. Anyone else getting that from CougarFan? Every article goes to some goo.gl address.
G
Guest
It does show the goo.gl addresses, but those just short links to make the url's smaller and more easily trackable by google. I tried a few of the links and they all went to deseret news or wherever they were supposed to. You may want to try running an anti-virus scan on your computer, as well as an anti-malware like malware bytes.
B
byufan4ever
Since I'm doing this from a work computer I don't have admin rights on the antivirus. For whatever reason it thinks those sites contains viruses. I can get to the main CougarFan site but the links to all articles are now blocked. Before when CougarFan used the entire longer URL I never had this issue. I guess I'll have to get my daily CougarFan fix from home.



Thanks for checking into it hawkwing.
G
Guest
byufan4ever wrote:
Since I'm doing this from a work computer I don't have admin rights on the antivirus. For whatever reason it thinks those sites contains viruses. I can get to the main CougarFan site but the links to all articles are now blocked. Before when CougarFan used the entire longer URL I never had this issue. I guess I'll have to get my daily CougarFan fix from home.



Thanks for checking into it hawkwing.


Corporate networks can be a little more paranoid, they may be concerned that the url you're clicking on doesn't match the destination url and reporting it as a virus that way. Does this link appear to be a virus?



http://bslw.it/Sxwbrw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ( this just links to http://www.cougarcorner.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
F
frdbtr
I agree with Hawk, redirect links on a business network will get flagged and blocked sometimes. Try the same thing from your home computer or click on Hawk's link above to see if your work network blocks it and you will have your answer.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.