Archived Topic

Athlon Rates CFB Coaches

by NDCougar · 5/2/2014

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Pretty sure only one of those three will still be coaching at their current schools next year.
F
frdbtr
I think that Chow's record at Hawaii should put to bed any arguments that BYU should have hired Chow after Lavell retired. Chow has been horrible at Hawaii and would have been horrible at BYU. Crowton had his problems but we would have never had 01 with chow and we would not have Bronco now if we had hired Chow.
C
Cougarbib
frdbtr wrote:
I think that Chow's record at Hawaii should put to bed any arguments that BYU should have hired Chow after Lavell retired. Chow has been horrible at Hawaii and would have been horrible at BYU. Crofton had problems but we would have never had 01 with chow and we would not have Bronco now if we had hired Chow.


I am a huge fan of what Norm Chow did at BYU and what he accomplished as a new OC at NC State and USC. But, even I, have never lobbied for Norm Chow as head coach at BYU. He deserved a shot at being HC somewhere, but needed to be more proven to deserve that shot at BYU.



I would not judge his performance at Hawaii too harshly until the next guy there proves Hawaii can compete at the MWC level. It has been all downhill since June Jones and the UH cheap immitation of Jim McMahon left. Recruiting has changed and UH no longer is able to keep local prospects that in past years would have gone under the radar. No budget. Terrible facilities.



But - yes - Norm Chow as a head coach was like a dead whale washing up on a sandy beach. Smelly. Eyesore.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Screamineagle
I am and have been a big time supporter of Bronco,however I think anything less than 10-2 this year and I may have to jump on the program is stagnated band wagon that I have tried so hard to avoid. Taysom Hill should be much improved.The schedule is solid but not impossible.There is no Utah on the schedule. It has the potential to be a good year and its time to get back to 10 wins, a bowl victory and a final top 25 ranking. The best way to be relevant as an independent is to win.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Screamineagle wrote:
I am and have been a big time supporter of Bronco,however I think anything less than 10-2 this year and I may have to jump on the program is stagnated band wagon that I have tried so hard to avoid. Taysom Hill should be much improved.The schedule is solid but not impossible.There is no Utah on the schedule. It has the potential to be a good year and its time to get back to 10 wins, a bowl victory and a final top 25 ranking. The best way to be relevant as an independent is to win.


So - I take it 10-3 will not cut it for you? 10-2 regular season, with a bowl loss. Or 9-3 with a bowl win. But 10-2 will not be the final result after the bowl game - 13 games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Screamineagle
Cougarbib wrote:
I am and have been a big time supporter of Bronco,however I think anything less than 10-2 this year and I may have to jump on the program is stagnated band wagon that I have tried so hard to avoid. Taysom Hill should be much improved.The schedule is solid but not impossible.There is no Utah on the schedule. It has the potential to be a good year and its time to get back to 10 wins, a bowl victory and a final top 25 ranking. The best way to be relevant as an independent is to win.


So - I take it 10-3 will not cut it for you? 10-2 regular season, with a bowl loss. Or 9-3 with a bowl win. But 10-2 will not be the final result after the bowl game - 13 games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Not necessarily. I adjust My expectations during the season.There is a lot that can happen any number of players could go down there will always be surprises.I do think that 10 wins(Including bowl game) should be a reasonable goal for the team.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.