Archived Topic

JW to run at track meet

by scott715 · 4/23/2014

Advertisement
S
scott715
Does this go in football or other BYU sports?



BYU news release says footballer Jamaal Williams will compete in the 4x100 relay at the Clarence Robison Invitational in Provo this weekend



Maybe we should have a football relay team with Davis, Hill and Kurtz?
G
Gunk
Good on him. Depending on the position, more football players should probably run track.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wolverine
I think this speaks volumes to the kind of kid Jamaal is and his complete commitment and love for all things BYU. Now if they would only include a "fat-man's" relay in the invitational. Might be just the kind of thing our O-Line could use to toughen them up a bit ;)
D
Ddawg
Fast is fast. Glad he is getting the chance, and seizing the opportunity. I'm sure his running will be fine. The challenge always comes during the baton handoff. Hopefully all goes well and they see success. Wish I could watch the race.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
nuk13
Gunk wrote:
Good on him. Depending on the position, more football players should probably run track.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I second, third and forth this. I roomed with Dave Hindley who ran the distances. He told me Farasopolis, before he went into the NFL, ran track and had to get in better shape than he'd had to for football.
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
JW indicated that he is encouraging other FB players to participate but coach M wants to ensure their grades and academic standings are in order. Thus, Davis and Blackmon may get the chance if they can get grades up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.