Archived Topic

Healthy Taysom Hill PER - Poll

by Cougarbib · 4/15/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
PER Formula considers many factors. Some argue that other factors also affect it. I think everything effects it. A PER of 135 wins a lot of games. The team with the highest PER that day usually wins. PER matters.



Taysom Hill has to stay healthy in 2014 for BYU to have a strong PER season since we once again lack experienced depth.



One could argue that Hill improved as 2013 rolled along - but only if you adjust for who the opponent was each week. I would argue that BYU improved - team sport.



@UVA 72.5 - L

Texas 68.6 - W

Utah 78.83 - L



MTSU 141.41 - W

@USU 150.79 - W

Georgia Tech 158.5 - W

@Houston 161.88 - W

Boise State 159.45 - W



@Wisconsin 99.97 - L

Idaho State 128.7 - W

@Notre Dame 101.14 - L

Nevada 160.18 - W



Bowl - Neutral - Washington 99.19 - L



Those are the games in the sequence they were played.



Predict the 2014 PER for Taysom Hill when playing healthy.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I'm SpiffCoug and I endorse this PER poll
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
I'm SpiffCoug and I endorse this PER poll


Yes. But what did you predict. I went with 146-150.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
135-140.



I think we'll have one or two sub-par games. But I really liked how consistent he was during the middle of the season last year. It wasn't a stretch of play of an elite level. But it was one of the most consistent stretches for a BYU QB in the last 20 years.



And the teams he did it against weren't slouches either. Each team won 7 or more games. And he was significantly better than those teams' DPER as well.



Against MTSU (8-win team) he was 16.3 points better than MTSU's DPER.

Against Utah St (9-win team) he was 40.3 points better than USU's DPER.

Georgia Tech (7-win team) he was 27.9 points better than GT's DPER.

Houston (8-win team) he was 46.5 points better than Houston's DPER.

Boise St (8-win team) he was 32.7 points better than Boise's DPER.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.