R
rblackEven without Carlino.
I will miss Carlino, however, I think he did BYU a favor. Guard is the position that BYU could most afford to lose a player.
The single factor that hurt BYU all year was the lack of enough quality big men. Once the two starters went out due to foul trouble (and they almost always did), BYU was forced to play 4 guards and a raw freshman, which worked well enough in most games, however, it cost us several games this year.
Next year, BYU will have more players to throw at the 4 and 5, this will keep them in games longer.
BYU will have multiple senior leaders, they will miss Carlino, however, in reality, BYU gains more by having stronger post players than it loses by losing him.
I will miss Carlino, however, I think he did BYU a favor. Guard is the position that BYU could most afford to lose a player.
The single factor that hurt BYU all year was the lack of enough quality big men. Once the two starters went out due to foul trouble (and they almost always did), BYU was forced to play 4 guards and a raw freshman, which worked well enough in most games, however, it cost us several games this year.
Next year, BYU will have more players to throw at the 4 and 5, this will keep them in games longer.
BYU will have multiple senior leaders, they will miss Carlino, however, in reality, BYU gains more by having stronger post players than it loses by losing him.

