Q
QmanAfter that dissappointing showing against Oregon I wanted to remind myself about our hopes for next year. I have also been making an effort for positive thinking in all the areas of my life-- so here it goes.
Haws works his butt off again all offseason studies Ray Allen/Reggie Miller tapes to figure out how to use off the ball movement to get open more often. He also discovers the ability to pass off in a pick and roll.
KC recovers fully and finds time to up his free throws to 75%. He also shaves the horrible mullet. :)
Carlino decides to improving his ball handling and his catch and shoot 3's.
Frank Bartley learns the 'eurostep' to avoid charges, learns to shoot free throws better and learns the tricks to avoid cheap fouls.
Chatman teams with Carlino and Bartley to let our bench overwhelm other teams.
Austin rediscovers his confidence in wide open jumpers.
Aytes is who we hope he is and provides some big time rebounding and scoring.
Worthington improves his quickness and anticipation on D so he can avoid cheap fouls. He also develops and little baby hook.
Sharp or Halford accept a walk-on role. Though if push comes to shove I think Halford is more expendable.
Andrus stays and plays.
We are heavy on the guards and wings and really light on bigs.
Haws is going to get his 30 minutes a game and so is KC. I wonder if Carlino's minutes are going to cut because Chatman, Fischer and Bartley take them. Same for Winder-he is going to get pushed. Isn't Fischer a better version of Halford?
I think Austin's size, defense and rebounding are going to keep him on the floor but I hope he rediscovers his jumpshot. We need him to be a threat. I have hopes to that Worthington can give us a post option. I am not counting on much from Nielsen. I haven't seen Andrus play but if he can play even a little he should beat Sharp out for minutes. Aytes could have some competition too.
I think Mika is better than any of the bigs we will have next year but overall quality of depth might serve us better.
Haws works his butt off again all offseason studies Ray Allen/Reggie Miller tapes to figure out how to use off the ball movement to get open more often. He also discovers the ability to pass off in a pick and roll.
KC recovers fully and finds time to up his free throws to 75%. He also shaves the horrible mullet. :)
Carlino decides to improving his ball handling and his catch and shoot 3's.
Frank Bartley learns the 'eurostep' to avoid charges, learns to shoot free throws better and learns the tricks to avoid cheap fouls.
Chatman teams with Carlino and Bartley to let our bench overwhelm other teams.
Austin rediscovers his confidence in wide open jumpers.
Aytes is who we hope he is and provides some big time rebounding and scoring.
Worthington improves his quickness and anticipation on D so he can avoid cheap fouls. He also develops and little baby hook.
Sharp or Halford accept a walk-on role. Though if push comes to shove I think Halford is more expendable.
Andrus stays and plays.
We are heavy on the guards and wings and really light on bigs.
Haws is going to get his 30 minutes a game and so is KC. I wonder if Carlino's minutes are going to cut because Chatman, Fischer and Bartley take them. Same for Winder-he is going to get pushed. Isn't Fischer a better version of Halford?
I think Austin's size, defense and rebounding are going to keep him on the floor but I hope he rediscovers his jumpshot. We need him to be a threat. I have hopes to that Worthington can give us a post option. I am not counting on much from Nielsen. I haven't seen Andrus play but if he can play even a little he should beat Sharp out for minutes. Aytes could have some competition too.
I think Mika is better than any of the bigs we will have next year but overall quality of depth might serve us better.

