G
GolfDiveNCougsTCU AND BSU should boycott. Both of them end the season undefeated. Disgusts me.
by GolfDiveNCougs · 12/7/2009
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:
TCU AND BSU should boycott. Both of them end the season undefeated. Disgusts me.
hawkwing wrote:
Ridiculous. You have to give it to the BCS though, they took a potentially damaging situation and turned it into the best possible outcome on their behalf. Criminals.
declocoug wrote:Obviously they'd never do it, and I know that, but I'm talking about a mutual decision by both teams, press conference and all to say that it is beneath them BOTH, TOGETHER, to be dismissed to a de facto NON-BCS bowl against one another. START SCREAMING THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES. The BCS brass is mitigating public cognizance of their own EMBARRASSMENT. CALL THEM ON IT!!!TCU AND BSU should boycott. Both of them end the season undefeated. Disgusts me.Right. and give the image they we non-AQ conferences think we are too good for each other. I don't know what can be done, but boycotting isn't the answer.Well played by the BCS, well played. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:Obviously they'd never do it, and I know that, but I'm talking about a mutual decision by both teams, press conference and all to say that it is beneath them BOTH, TOGETHER, to be dismissed to a de facto NON-BCS bowl against one another. START SCREAMING THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES. The BCS brass is mitigating public cognizance of their own EMBARRASSMENT. CALL THEM ON IT!!!GolfDiveNCougs wrote:Right. and give the image they we non-AQ conferences think we are too good for each other. I don't know what can be done, but boycotting isn't the answer.Well played by the BCS, well played. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
TCU AND BSU should boycott. Both of them end the season undefeated. Disgusts me.
hawkwing wrote:
Ridiculous. You have to give it to the BCS though, they took a potentially damaging situation and turned it into the best possible outcome on their behalf. Criminals.
gmj81 wrote:
Seriously, I wonder how much bribe money the Fiesta Bowl had to take to swallow this one for the BCS. There's no way in hell that a bowl looking for the best financial gain possible given their order of picks would have chosen BOTH of those two teams.
Trying to "sell it" because it's the two undefeateds outside of the NCG is a crock because the nation as a whole doesn't care about these programs. Maybe if there were an underdog role people would have tuned in, but since they're pitting David v. David, people will be satisfied with just catching the highlights on ESPN. I guarantee you that the Fiesta Bowl will have the worst ratings this year.
stuckinbig10country wrote:
TCU dropped to 4th in the BCS, and had Nebraska's kicker not put the ball on the 40 for Texas, the BCS title game would have been Alabama vs. Cincinnati.
gmj81 wrote:
Seriously, I wonder how much bribe money the Fiesta Bowl had to take to swallow this one for the BCS. There's no way in hell that a bowl looking for the best financial gain possible given their order of picks would have chosen BOTH of those two teams.
Trying to "sell it" because it's the two undefeateds outside of the NCG is a crock because the nation as a whole doesn't care about these programs. Maybe if there were an underdog role people would have tuned in, but since they're pitting David v. David, people will be satisfied with just catching the highlights on ESPN. I guarantee you that the Fiesta Bowl will have the worst ratings this year.
declocoug wrote:Seriously, I wonder how much bribe money the Fiesta Bowl had to take to swallow this one for the BCS. There's no way in hell that a bowl looking for the best financial gain possible given their order of picks would have chosen BOTH of those two teams.
Trying to "sell it" because it's the two undefeateds outside of the NCG is a crock because the nation as a whole doesn't care about these programs. Maybe if there were an underdog role people would have tuned in, but since they're pitting David v. David, people will be satisfied with just catching the highlights on ESPN. I guarantee you that the Fiesta Bowl will have the worst ratings this year.
Which will also come back to hurt the argument for non-AQ teams in future BCS bowls.