Archived Topic

Now the Hard Part

by Gunk · 3/17/2014

Advertisement
G
Gunk
BYU plays Thursday at noon. Now, I have to figure out how I am going to watch it. I can record it, but that would mean avoiding people and the Internet for half a day.



It's a good problem to have.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
McY
I have that same predicament, but it is a great predicament to have. I am probably going with the record and go on radio silence option. Go Cougars!
G
Gunk
McY wrote:
I have that same predicament, but it is a great predicament to have. I am probably going with the record and go on radio silence option. Go Cougars!


If the game was on a Friday, I would propose watching it together. Maybe if they make it to the 2nd round.
I
IowaCougar
I have the game set up to record, but I have a feeling that I'll be using my KSL app on my phone and listening to the game.



I find it actually quite enjoyable to watch a game that I know they've already won. And when they lose, I don't waste my time watching. It saves my blood pressure!



:)
E
EM_Puma
I will admit that with age and the fact that usually every BB or FB game is on TV, that I'll DVR the game that is close and find out if we won or lost. If we've lost, I'll delete it and that's the end. I know that is a chicken way to do it, but the anxiety I feel watching a close game is not worth it. If I'm at the game, somehow it's easier to handle live.



It also is easier to watch a game where I knew we are not favored. I'm already in the mind-set that we'll probably lose. Tomorrow I'll be home for another reason, and I'll watch the game because Oregon already beat us once this year and therefore I'm guessing that they (also being the higher seed) are favored to win. Usually I can also say, "well it's the last game of the season so I want to see so-and-so in their last game. Not the case this year as I'll eventually should see everyone that will be on the floor tomorrow.

:whistle:
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Irony.



BYU fans clamor for great opponents and tough match-ups - and then can't bear to watch.



I DVR when I absolutely have to and listen to KSLwhen the game is not on TV and even DVR so I have a backup plan if I get interrupted while watching the game - watch some games a 2nd time.



And, at times, the suspense does make me squirm.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Cougarbib wrote:
Irony.



BYU fans clamor for great opponents and tough match-ups - and then can't bear to watch.



I DVR when I absolutely have to and listen to KSLwhen the game is not on TV and even DVR so I have a backup plan if I get interrupted while watching the game - watch some games a 2nd time.



And, at times, the suspense does make me squirm.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Irony, blaming all Cougar fans for what one specific one does.
C
Cougs_Rule
hawkwing wrote:
Irony.



BYU fans clamor for great opponents and tough match-ups - and then can't bear to watch.



I DVR when I absolutely have to and listen to KSLwhen the game is not on TV and even DVR so I have a backup plan if I get interrupted while watching the game - watch some games a 2nd time.



And, at times, the suspense does make me squirm.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Irony, blaming all Cougar fans for what one specific one does.


Hawk, I'm going to have to resort to CC vigilante reporting and warn you...

Or, at least report you to yourself and the other mods. We cant have any Ute or former Ute (Bib) bashing or irony-zing. ;-)
I
IowaCougar
To clarify my earlier comment: I will always watch live when possible. If I have to record the game, however, I usually check the score (or listen on the radio if that is possible) before watching. It's those games that I usually don't watch if I know we lost.



One interesting thing I've noticed is that I find it much easier to handle the losses if I'm watching live than if I'm listening on the radio. Somehow seeing what is happening makes my understanding just enough better that it makes the stress go down a little (although no one can paint a verbal picture better than Greg Wrubell).
S
stuckinbig10country
There is an app available on Ipods, Ipads, Iphones, Android products that is free (all games if you have a qualifying cable/satellite provider and for all CBS games). You can watch it there. Or the NCAA sports website. I at least check that out during the day. I always find it funny what the boss button says when it's up.
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
stuckinbig10country wrote:
There is an app available on Ipods, Ipads, Iphones, Android products that is free (all games if you have a qualifying cable/satellite provider and for all CBS games). You can watch it there. Or the NCAA sports website. I at least check that out during the day. I always find it funny what the boss button says when it's up.


The problem there is is that after about an hour of video streaming, I use up my month's worth of data (Verizon). I really need to change providers to one that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for data.
S
stuckinbig10country
IowaCougar wrote:
There is an app available on Ipods, Ipads, Iphones, Android products that is free (all games if you have a qualifying cable/satellite provider and for all CBS games). You can watch it there. Or the NCAA sports website. I at least check that out during the day. I always find it funny what the boss button says when it's up.


The problem there is is that after about an hour of video streaming, I use up my month's worth of data (Verizon). I really need to change providers to one that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for data.


Is there an open wifi network where you work? I, with the approval of my employer, have my phone set up on wifi (actually, I think it's approved because our building sometimes blocks regular cell reception, and being a single father, I need to be able to receive calls on the wifi).



Good luck.
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
Irony.



BYU fans clamor for great opponents and tough match-ups - and then can't bear to watch.



I DVR when I absolutely have to and listen to KSLwhen the game is not on TV and even DVR so I have a backup plan if I get interrupted while watching the game - watch some games a 2nd time.



And, at times, the suspense does make me squirm.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Irony, blaming all Cougar fans for what one specific one does.


Two of the 4 posters who had posted expressed that sentiment. My comment could have been clearer. I did not intend it to generalize to all BYU fans. I am a BYU fan and the close games are exciting, frustrating, and depending on the outcome, heartbreaking. I watch them - win or lose. Most BYU fans probably do.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.