Archived Topic

Finally Weis says something I agree with

by craigoscarson · 12/6/2009

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
According to the interview transcript from IrishIllustrated.com senior editor Tim Prister, Weis responded: "Let me ask you this question: You guys know about things that go on in different places. Was I living with a grad student in Malibu, or was I living with my wife in my house? You could bet that if I were living with a grad student here in South Bend, it would be national news.



"He's doing it in Malibu and it's not national news. What's the difference? I don't understand. Why is it OK for one guy to do things like that, but for me, I'm scrutinized when I swear. I'm sorry for swearing; absolve my sins."



Weis was referring to a 2006 "60 Minutes" profile which showed him swearing and caused a minor stir, but the root of his reference to Carroll's alleged living arrangement was unclear. Carroll is married with three children and a grandchild.



Carroll, contacted by the Los Angeles Times on Saturday night, said: "It's untrue, it's irresponsible and it's incredible he'd be talking about me like that," Carroll said of Weis


Pete Carroll has gotten a pass on the Reggie Bush issue, etc. etc. etc.
S
snoscythe
Funny what happens when you win. No one had a problem with Mangino last season when he was winning either.
S
Schmoe
USC gets a pass on everything, it's effing ridiculous!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.