Archived Topic

Duke Vs BYU

by Cougarbib · 3/7/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
That would be a fun game - in Provo. Not so much if played at Duke.



Duke just took a bad road loss vs Wake Forest. Duke seemingly is BYU. They struggle on the road at 4-5. They are 1-3 vs Top 100 RPI and only 3-2 vs teams outside the Top 100 on the road. They have 7 total losses.



The article I read indicated that Duke did not play a true road game prior to conference play.



Smart scheduling - like SEC in football.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Duke is very overrated this year. I'd have no problem playing them in their house.



Jabari would likely be having a better season as a Coug.
C
Cougarbib
Gunk wrote:
Duke is very overrated this year. I'd have no problem playing them in their house.



Jabari would likely be having a better season as a Coug.


I would not have any more problem playing them at their place than I would UMASS, Iowa State, Wichita State, Gonzaga, Oregon, Stanford, U and the likes of them. Maybe we get lucky (Texas and Stanford) in 2 out of 7. I realize ISU was in Provo - imagine it on the road like last season.



BYU has 10 losses. Only 1 loss happened in Provo.



For many reasons, I think Jabari would have been better off in Provo and BYU better off with him than without him. Duke is not without advantages - including exposure. But SOS is a double edged sword. Nothing exposes like exposure. if Duke played a few road games OOC like BYU played OOC, Duke would be a bubble team, too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYULV
Cougarbib wrote:
Duke is very overrated this year. I'd have no problem playing them in their house.



Jabari would likely be having a better season as a Coug.


I would not have any more problem playing them at their place than I would UMASS, Iowa State, Wichita State, Gonzaga, Oregon, Stanford, U and the likes of them. Maybe we get lucky (Texas and Stanford) in 2 out of 7. I realize ISU was in Provo - imagine it on the road like last season.



BYU has 10 losses. Only 1 loss happened in Provo.



For many reasons, I think Jabari would have been better off in Provo and BYU better off with him than without him. Duke is not without advantages - including exposure. But SOS is a double edged sword. Nothing exposes like exposure. if Duke played a few road games OOC like BYU played OOC, Duke would be a bubble team, too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Funny, and BYU would likely be a lock for the tourney, with a very high seed if we had Jabari this year. Amazing to think he would be our best player, filling our biggest hole - the 4
G
Gunk
Cougarbib wrote:
Duke is very overrated this year. I'd have no problem playing them in their house.



Jabari would likely be having a better season as a Coug.


I would not have any more problem playing them at their place than I would UMASS, Iowa State, Wichita State, Gonzaga, Oregon, Stanford, U and the likes of them. Maybe we get lucky (Texas and Stanford) in 2 out of 7. I realize ISU was in Provo - imagine it on the road like last season.



BYU has 10 losses. Only 1 loss happened in Provo.



For many reasons, I think Jabari would have been better off in Provo and BYU better off with him than without him. Duke is not without advantages - including exposure. But SOS is a double edged sword. Nothing exposes like exposure. if Duke played a few road games OOC like BYU played OOC, Duke would be a bubble team, too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

So true. Duke definitely shields themselves. Have to keep up the brand image.



And agree, with Jabari we'd be a lock with likely only a few losses looking at the best seeding BYU has ever gotten.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.