Archived Topic

Lunardi's Latest

by Wolverine · 3/3/2014

Advertisement
W
Wolverine
http://espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In Spokane as a #12 vs #4 Oklahoma opposite #3 San Diego St. vs #14 North Dakota St. Now that would be a match-up I could live with since I have tickets for the weekend in Spokane. There is still a lot of work for BYU to get done before thier ticket gets punched. Anything less then an appearance in the WCC championship game and it will be NIT all the way. Even an appearance in the WCC title game against anyone not named Gonzaga will throw a wrench in the mix. Three more wins and this all becomes a moot point. Go Cougars!
E
EM_Puma
I'd be OK with a 12 seed against Lon Kruger's Sooners in Spokane. I just don't want to be in the play-in game. I still don't understand how the last time we were in a play-in game we were a higher seed than several teams. I think play-in games need to be reserved for 16 seeds. I notice that Lunardi does have the 16 seeds as the play-in teams.



Wild to see MWC back down to only 2 teams. They had it going for a few years.
M
mizzoucoug
Would be cool to face SDSU but especially NDSU after all this 6th fan hoopla.
E
EM_Puma
USAToday has us a #12 and in a play-in game with Cal. What is it about BYU that they seem to want to put us in a play-in game? I honestly don't understand when the NCAA went from the #16 seeds being in a play-in game to doing like they did last time and have us be a #12 and have to play-in to make the regular tournament field. I'm sure someone can explain this to me because it doesn't make logical sense that you can be a #13, #14, #15 or #16--someone who is bona fide reguarded worse resume than this #12 team and not have to play an extra game. Is it because all those other teams made it by winning a conference tournament? I guess I'm too logical.
E
EM_Puma
mizzoucoug wrote:
Would be cool to face SDSU but especially NDSU after all this 6th fan hoopla.


yeah, I saw that NDSU--it would be awesome to have a shot at them after all this 6th fan bad blood.
Advertisement
M
Mars


There are 4 "Play-In" games:



2 between the 4 worst teams (16-Seeds).

2 between the 4 worst at-large teams (usually 10-13 seeds).



This was the compromise between the 15 best conferences and the 16 worst conferences, to make the "First Four" fair to both sides.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.