Archived Topic

Forgive Me... I'm Already Getting Angry

by Mars · 12/6/2009

Advertisement
B
byutx
Utah's O needs all the practice they can get. That said, I'll be a little disappointed if Bronco doesn't utilize all the practice time available. Mars, I wouldn't worry yet, there are a limited number of days/hours available for bowl practice. All this means is that we'll have 3 days more than the utes to get ready for our opponent. It's no different than starting fall camp August 4th instead of August 1st. I hope.
S
snoscythe
I think you are allotted 15 extra practices for a bowl game. BYU and Utah will play the 21st or the 22nd. Today is the 6th, and BYU doesn't practice on Sundays.



Unless BYU is planning on some two-a-days, they've already wasted 2 practices.
P
ProV1
Rule #1, don't compare yourself to how the Utes do things...ever. If they practice more, fine, that doesn't necessarily mean we need to. If their band plays the fight song ad nauseum, fine, that means we never should.
M
Mars
ProV1 wrote:
Rule #1, don't compare yourself to how the Utes do things...ever. If they practice more, fine, that doesn't necessarily mean we need to. If their band plays the fight song ad nauseum, fine, that means we never should.

Who has the better bowl record? It sucks that they sometimes do things smarter than we do. In fact, it INFURIATES me.
Advertisement
A
Anonymous
Mars wrote:


"The Utes have already had three bowl practices... the Cougars... opted not to practice at all last week."


http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705349492/BYU-Utes-Utes-football-Teams-to-finally-learn-bowl-destinations-opponents.html?linkTrack=rss-28



Way to learn from that bowl loss to Arizona. :sick:

:angry: :angry: :angry:


Please keep in mind that football is the team's fifth priority. Our boys busted their butts against Utah. They deserve some time off to relish the victory. Besides how are you suposed to practice when you don't even know who you will be playing? I am wondering if BYU should even accept the bowl invitation considering its proximity to Christmas, which shlould be spent at home with family.
G
Guest
How many times did we practice when we absolutely destroyed Oregon? I say we do that again.
C
CougarPeasant
I just thought the team was filled with too much hate to practice last week. ;)
B
Brayden Green
pwride wrote:


"The Utes have already had three bowl practices... the Cougars... opted not to practice at all last week."


http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705349492/BYU-Utes-Utes-football-Teams-to-finally-learn-bowl-destinations-opponents.html?linkTrack=rss-28



Way to learn from that bowl loss to Arizona. :sick:

:angry: :angry: :angry:


Please keep in mind that football is the team's fifth priority. Our boys busted their butts against Utah. They deserve some time off to relish the victory. Besides how are you suposed to practice when you don't even know who you will be playing? I am wondering if BYU should even accept the bowl invitation considering its proximity to Christmas, which shlould be spent at home with family.


Last I checked, Bronco has a goal to win the national "Championship". Just stop pretending. If you want to be a national champion team, then act like it. If you don't want to do the time, then stop leading us all on.
M
Mars
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Last I checked, Bronco has a goal to win the national "Championship". Just stop pretending. If you want to be a national champion team, then act like it. If you don't want to do the time, then stop leading us all on.

Terrible first post. Act like a BYU fan first on a new board, then complain.
Advertisement
C
cougsnspurs4life
Easy Mars, welcome first....



welcome



now, attack. lol
A
Anonymous
Mars wrote:
Last I checked, Bronco has a goal to win the national "Championship". Just stop pretending. If you want to be a national champion team, then act like it. If you don't want to do the time, then stop leading us all on.

Terrible first post. Act like a BYU fan first on a new board, then complain.




Don't worry about this guy. He seems o have an axe to grind with everybody and is never satidfied with anything or anyone, especially himself. We tolerate his presence here on the site partly due to our pitty for him and partly because he provides occassional comic relief. I just don't want you to get scared off by him, as you seem to have a lot of infightful comments. And I speak for the entire board when I say I hope you stick around.
M
Mars
pwride wrote:
Don't worry about this guy. He seems o have an axe to grind with everybody and is never satidfied with anything or anyone, especially himself. We tolerate his presence here on the site partly due to our pitty for him and partly because he provides occassional comic relief. I just don't want you to get scared off by him, as you seem to have a lot of infightful comments. And I speak for the entire board when I say I hope you stick around.

Hey Peter, good to see you. What board do you know him from?
F
Florwood
The BYU team seemed about as motivated for AZ last year as Oregon was for BYU three years ago.



Hopefully a ranked Oregon State will get their attention. I just remember that I've always heard those extra practices for bowl-bound teams are gold, not only for bowl prep but for setting up for next year, giving younger players a little more time and a little more exposure. So it seemed odd to blow off 6 of the possible 15 last year.



At any rate, I'm excited for my first bowl game since 1980...
C
CAFB_04-12
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Mars wrote:


"The Utes have already had three bowl practices... the Cougars... opted not to practice at all last week."


http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705349492/BYU-Utes-Utes-football-Teams-to-finally-learn-bowl-destinations-opponents.html?linkTrack=rss-28



Way to learn from that bowl loss to Arizona. :sick:

:angry: :angry: :angry:


Please keep in mind that football is the team's fifth priority. Our boys busted their butts against Utah. They deserve some time off to relish the victory. Besides how are you suposed to practice when you don't even know who you will be playing? I am wondering if BYU should even accept the bowl invitation considering its proximity to Christmas, which shlould be spent at home with family.


Last I checked, Bronco has a goal to win the national "Championship". Just stop pretending. If you want to be a national champion team, then act like it. If you don't want to do the time, then stop leading us all on.

He didn't say he was going to do that this year. Give the man some time.
Advertisement
F
Florwood
From Wrubell's blog:



"Bronco said the team will practice today and every day except Sundays ahead of the December 22nd bowl. He said the Cougars will practice "more" in Provo than they have ahead of previous Las Vegas Bowl games."



That's 12-13 practices, much more energetic than last year's nine. Go Cougs!
I
Italics
pwride wrote:


"The Utes have already had three bowl practices... the Cougars... opted not to practice at all last week."


http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705349492/BYU-Utes-Utes-football-Teams-to-finally-learn-bowl-destinations-opponents.html?linkTrack=rss-28



Way to learn from that bowl loss to Arizona. :sick:

:angry: :angry: :angry:


Please keep in mind that football is the team's fifth priority. Our boys busted their butts against Utah. They deserve some time off to relish the victory. Besides how are you suposed to practice when you don't even know who you will be playing? I am wondering if BYU should even accept the bowl invitation considering its proximity to Christmas, which shlould be spent at home with family.


Umm... where have you been the last five years when BYU has consistently been playing this close to Christmas? :sick: I mean, I understand your feelings towards the boys being home as it gets closer to Christmas... but who are you (or anyone) to be their moral compass and decide FOR them what's best?
I
Italics
Mars wrote:
Last I checked, Bronco has a goal to win the national "Championship". Just stop pretending. If you want to be a national champion team, then act like it. If you don't want to do the time, then stop leading us all on.

Terrible first post. Act like a BYU fan first on a new board, then complain.


I agreed with his post.
S
snoscythe
Italics wrote:
Mars wrote:


"The Utes have already had three bowl practices... the Cougars... opted not to practice at all last week."


http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705349492/BYU-Utes-Utes-football-Teams-to-finally-learn-bowl-destinations-opponents.html?linkTrack=rss-28



Way to learn from that bowl loss to Arizona. :sick:

:angry: :angry: :angry:


Please keep in mind that football is the team's fifth priority. Our boys busted their butts against Utah. They deserve some time off to relish the victory. Besides how are you suposed to practice when you don't even know who you will be playing? I am wondering if BYU should even accept the bowl invitation considering its proximity to Christmas, which shlould be spent at home with family.


Umm... where have you been the last five years when BYU has consistently been playing this close to Christmas? :sick: I mean, I understand your feelings towards the boys being home as it gets closer to Christmas... but who are you (or anyone) to be their moral compass and decide FOR them what's best?


Just an FYI, pwride likes to use the oratory device of sarcasm.
L
Lawboy
I think much of the time we forget about the "student" in student-athlete. I for one think it was wise to take a week off after the U game, let the team catch up on studies, prepare for finals, then hit practice once to have an opponent to mentally and physically prepare for. Honestly, 2-3 practices over 3 weeks will not determine this game. Especially when 1.5 weeks of practice is all you really need for this game. The rest is to get more reps for next year's team and to stay game fit.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.