Archived Topic

Fredette To The Bulls

by Cougarbib · 3/1/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
That is the word being reported Friday night. Jimmer has agreed to sign with The Bulls if / when he clears waivers.



There was a clever tweet saying it is time to unretire Bulls #23 showing Fredette on the back of a Michael Jordan jersey. I doubt that this will happen.



But yeah - The Bulls. If I followed Pro Basketball any more, hometown teams - Bulls , Jazz, Lakers, and Clippers - and any team with a former BYU player would be my teams.
V
vancouvercougar
I follow the Trailblazers just because I live in the Northwest--don't watch many games. Now I will have to be a Bulls fan.



Hope they treat Jimmer better than he was treated in Suckramento.
Q
Qman
He will at least be with a quality coach and winning vets.
C
Cougarbib
Chicago is also a very fun and interesting City re politics, nightlife, city, suburban, country, or lakeside living. I would choose North Shore - Risky Business Movie was filmed there - probably Ferris Buehler's Day Off, too. Or the countryside further north. The elevated train - L - Wrigley Field, Soldier Field. Great restaurants. Polish Dogs. Bratwurst. Pizza. St. Patricks Day - they color the river green. Ethnic neighborhoods. Taste of Chicago. Gold Coast. Marshall Fields. 2nd City. Dan Akroyd. John and Jim Belushi. The Blues Brothers - John and Elwood Blues. Mafia. Al Capone.



Anyway. I moved away for good in 1986 or so. Some things have surely changed.



Chicago.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
A state that's practically bankrupt

A city that is practically bankrupt

Almost completely Corrupt politics.

A total failure to control guns and gunshot deaths

And the state of one of the best and one of the worst presidents in history. .
Advertisement
C
ChiTownCOUG
Cougs_Rule wrote:
A state that's practically bankrupt

A city that is practically bankrupt

Almost completely Corrupt politics.

A total failure to control guns and gunshot deaths

And the state of one of the best and one of the worst presidents in history. .

Watch it...Chicago is the best city on earth..I love it and anyone who spends a good amount of time in the Chi will love it.. Yes it's a big city you get big city probs but that will never outweigh the good..Anyway the Bulls are a great fit for Jimmer Bulls need someone with instant offense and can thin the def out..I like the move on every level iam a diehard Chi sports guy (- the cubs cuz that's not baseball lol) and BYU fan. Coach Tibs will get the most out of Jimmer, just hope he comes back next year too.
C
ChiTownCOUG
Cougarbib wrote:
Chicago is also a very fun and interesting City re politics, nightlife, city, suburban, country, or lakeside living. I would choose North Shore - Risky Business Movie was filmed there - probably Ferris Buehler's Day Off, too. Or the countryside further north. The elevated train - L - Wrigley Field, Soldier Field. Great restaurants. Polish Dogs. Bratwurst. Pizza. St. Patricks Day - they color the river green. Ethnic neighborhoods. Taste of Chicago. Gold Coast. Marshall Fields. 2nd City. Dan Akroyd. John and Jim Belushi. The Blues Brothers - John and Elwood Blues. Mafia. Al Capone.



Anyway. I moved away for good in 1986 or so. Some things have surely changed.



Chicago.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

What part of Chicago?
C
Cougs_Rule
ChiTownCOUG wrote:
A state that's practically bankrupt

A city that is practically bankrupt

Almost completely Corrupt politics.

A total failure to control guns and gunshot deaths

And the state of one of the best and one of the worst presidents in history. .

Watch it...Chicago is the best city on earth..I love it and anyone who spends a good amount of time in the Chi will love it.. Yes it's a big city you get big city probs but that will never outweigh the good..Anyway the Bulls are a great fit for Jimmer Bulls need someone with instant offense and can thin the def out..I like the move on every level iam a diehard Chi sports guy (- the cubs cuz that's not baseball lol) and BYU fan. Coach Tibs will get the most out of Jimmer, just hope he comes back next year too.


I loved MJ, PIP, and Da Bulls. And I Love that Jimmer is with the Bulls and out of Suck town (third worst city and state next to NY and IL--all three are soon to be sunken states fiscally)

But Chicago the best city? Um, hate to inform you Chi, but a lot of folks didn't think the Titanic would sink even after the iceberg ripped into its side.
M
mizzoucoug
Any reason that this could be bad for him? They don't seem to mind white guys on the Bulls. And they play good D especially in the front court. I really hope he gets a true chance to shine and run the team for long stretches. Goodbye crap Sactown.
C
Cougarbib
ChiTownCOUG wrote:
Chicago is also a very fun and interesting City re politics, nightlife, city, suburban, country, or lakeside living. I would choose North Shore - Risky Business Movie was filmed there - probably Ferris Buehler's Day Off, too. Or the countryside further north. The elevated train - L - Wrigley Field, Soldier Field. Great restaurants. Polish Dogs. Bratwurst. Pizza. St. Patricks Day - they color the river green. Ethnic neighborhoods. Taste of Chicago. Gold Coast. Marshall Fields. 2nd City. Dan Akroyd. John and Jim Belushi. The Blues Brothers - John and Elwood Blues. Mafia. Al Capone.



Anyway. I moved away for good in 1986 or so. Some things have surely changed.



Chicago.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

What part of Chicago?


I lived in the greater Chicago area twice. The first time was transferred there in 1981-84. Started in Evanston then Wilmette while working for American Hospital Supply Corporation then got transferred to live and work in Waukeegan. Transferred to California. Transferred back in 1986 living in Buffalo Grove and working in Deerfield when Baxter Health care acquired AHSC. Then back to California.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
ChiTownCOUG
I was going crazy when they put Jimmer in the game. You would have thought the Bulls just won the title again...Then he hit that shot I was going insane..great seeing My hometown giving him all kinds of love..Awsome seeing Noah and boozer all pumped when he hit that shot.
S
SpiffCoug
And congrats to Jimmer for setting the Bulls record for fastest first basket in franchise history.
C
Cougs_Rule
Congrats to Bulls for giving him a green light.

Cool. Any links to clips? Would e loved to have seen that.
S
SpiffCoug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AWDZpkumx4
C
Cougs_Rule
I'm a Bulls fan---once again!! Go Jimmer. May your honeymoon last long into the playoffs and beyond.
Advertisement
C
ChiTownCOUG
So glad I have the nba league pass on my xbox..
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.