Archived Topic

Where will Jimmer go?

by Kbear · 2/26/2014

Advertisement
K
Kbear
According to nba.com and yahoo, the Kings are working on a buyout of Jimmer's contract and the Grizzlies might be interested. Would be so good to FREE JIMMER.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Probably the Grizzlies.



Reports I read say he approached the Kings regarding the buyout. Good for him.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Heard he was not at their game tonight and his locker is cleared out.
Q
Qman
Phoenix would be a good basketball situation.
B
BoiseBYU
Truthfully, wherever he goes will be an upgrade over Sacramento. Free Jimmer!!
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Qman wrote:
Phoenix would be a good basketball situation.


I would LOVE to see Jimmer in Phoenix.
S
Stirfry
Last night Jimmer wasn't with the team at the game. The backcourt shot 26% from the field on 38 attemts and 23% from three on 13 attempts. Average +/- was -14.33 in 32 minutes of play.



The starters shot 27% from the field and had an average +/- of -22.5 in 36 mintues of play. They were nominated the LVP's by ESPN.



Kings were outscored by 25 in the first quarter and as much as 31 in the second. They are so much better at tanking than the Jazz are. My guess is the Jazz end up losing the tank race to both the Kings and the Lakers unless the March schedule can really do us in.
S
Schmoe
Stirfry wrote:
Last night Jimmer wasn't with the team at the game. The backcourt shot 26% from the field on 38 attemts and 23% from three on 13 attempts. Average +/- was -14.33 in 32 minutes of play.



The starters shot 27% from the field and had an average +/- of -22.5 in 36 mintues of play. They were nominated the LVP's by ESPN.



Kings were outscored by 25 in the first quarter and as much as 31 in the second. They are so much better at tanking than the Jazz are. My guess is the Jazz end up losing the tank race to both the Kings and the Lakers unless the March schedule can really do us in.


Not to mention they gave up 40-some-odd points in the FIRST QUARTER. Yeah, Jimmer's defense was a big reason he didn't get minutes :roll:
C
Cougarbib
If The Jimmerer has been set free, it should not take long at all to see what the interest level is for his services. I am sure he just wants a chance to play and money will be secondary.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
FINALLY, I CAN HATE THE KINGS AGAIN!!!



And I live an hour away from them. I get asked to go to games from time to time and turn it down... "Sorry, I'd rather not watch a starting point guard that is worse than the guy at the end of the bench not playing from a coaches decision. Have fun though! Let me know if you need someone when the Spurs or Jazz come into town!"



Speaking of who I want Jimmer to go to, it is the Spurs. If I were Jimmer, I would tell them that they could have me for $1 for the rest of the season. He would learn to play defense under a great coach. Jimmer is easily better than Patty Mills, and Patty Mills is straight BALLING while Parker is out with an injury. Coach Popp gives his shooters the green light, and they space the floor and pass well enough to give the shooters enough looks.



I want Jimmer in silver and grey, and he would be smart to go there, if they'd have him. He would be on a deep playoff team, and may be that extra scoring OOMPH off the bench to get them another ring.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Word is that Jimmer isn't interested in the Grizz (but the Grizz may nevertheless pick him up on waivers).



A lot of teams have popped up as being interested, so he should have a good set of options available to him if/when he clears waivers.
B
Brayden Green
So if he gets picked up off waivers then that team needs to pick up paying him for the remainder of his contract (even though he has already received a buyout)?



That isn't a bad deal to get Jimmer for 4 months and only shell out $1 million, get him into your organization and have a leg up in the FA market this summer.
C
Cougarbib
If I were Jimmer, I would come hang out in Provo and give free free throw shooting lessons.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
ChiTownCOUG
Please the Bulls please please
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Jimmer is officially free!!!!!!
C
Cougs_Rule
Right, except I doubt any team would commit themselves that long to Jimmer at this point. Hope I am wrong. However, if he signs for three and contributes, he could get a minimum contract and keep playing.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.