Archived Topic

Pre-Spring Area of Concern

by SpiffCoug · 2/25/2014

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I think it is a given that the offensive line is the position group of most concern. What's next and why?



I'm going with LB and Special teams.



We lost a TON of talent at the LB position and Sorenson was pretty good kicking for us last year.
F
Fido
I'm always worried about the DBs and will continue to be until they prove solid.
G
Guest
How could we not be worried about the TEs unless, we've just given up on them as a viable position group at all.
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
I think it is a given that the offensive line is the position group of most concern. What's next and why?



I'm going with LB and Special teams.



We lost a TON of talent at the LB position and Sorenson was pretty good kicking for us last year.


Wait...we only get to pick 1. I chose special teams. Kicker replacement. Inconsistent punting including bocks. Punt returner. Return teams gave up some big plays. Maybe gfgh in combination with requiring starters to be on ST is asking too much. ST coaching inexperience.



If I could pick 2 - backup QB. TE. FB. I actually would pick those over OL. OL would be next. We get almost everyone back - maybe experience will make a difference - maybe healthier - plus some new faces.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars


Tight ends.

Special teams.

Receiver inexperience within the system.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
O Scheme and coaching and depth at Oline. Still not a believer in the GO Freak Go Home at BYU.
S
scott715
DBs we lost Sorensen. But we get back JJ and Trammel from injury. Daniel will move from CB to S so I feel good about that. Badger should get PT. Lee should be back from injury but we don't know how he will do. I feel pretty good about DB.
B
BroncoBot
Mars wrote:


Tight ends.

Special teams.

Receiver inexperience within the system.

I only agree with special teams. Think that TE couldn't have been much worse than the past 3-4 years. Wide receiver I'm actually looking forward to the "inexperienced" new receiver crop.
M
mizzoucoug
TE and there's no question about it. We've had special seasons without good DB's, DL's, and LB's all on the same squad. But we never ever have special seasons without a top tight end. The formula is simple for BYU. Great OL + Great TE + Great QB = W's. A great defense is a nice bonus but is not necessary. Besides I have full confidence that Bronco will get the D ready. I don't have the same sentiment about the other side of the ball.
C
ChiTownCOUG
DB's is always an issue because we just can't get the speed in the secondary..My number 1 concern did Taysom make improves in accuracy since we last seen him..
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Has anyone made it to any practices and can share some insight?
B
Brayden Green
Wide receivers, after the O line.



It does no good to have a heisman candidate quarterback if your line can't hold and receivers can't get open out of their breaks, or get off the line altogether.



The defense will be fine. I am more worried about our offensive scheme than anything, however. I think it is the wrong scheme to have when we are working with a piecemeal unit of lineman like we are, without 5 clear starters.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.