Archived Topic

Question on WCC Tournament Broadcasting

by BYU1971 · 2/23/2014

Advertisement
B
BYU1971
It appears that I will be out of the country (Jamaica) during the tournament. I am not sure if the hotel as the appropriate ESPN channels and so I am wondering if the games will be broadcast on The W. This might be my only way to watch them. I have looked at the tournament web site but it does not say anything about the web broadcasting of games.
S
SpiffCoug
The last couple of years, some of the early round games were on BYUtv.
C
Cougarbib
I thought the Big Announcement at halftime during a recent game was that BYU TV would broadcast all of the early WCC rounds and ESPN the final round or so. I bet BYU TV site or WCC site would have something to detail this out.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYU1971
Understood. But I don't think that BYUTV will be broadcasting games that ESPN is broadcasting. Many times webcasts are restricted outside the US.
B
BYULV
It was also mentioned in the announcement that they'd be broadcast on the W TV as well. I think you can stream that. Should at least be able to watch BYUTV streamed.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
BYULV wrote:
It was also mentioned in the announcement that they'd be broadcast on the W TV as well. I think you can stream that. Should at least be able to watch BYUTV streamed.


Given BYUTV relationship with ESPN, I would guess that BYU will delay broadcast any BYU game ESPN takes as primary.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYU1971
I thank everyone for their information. I spoke with the hotel today. They have ESPN and ESPN2 so that covers the semis and finals. I inquired about a sports bar and they said there was one about 10 minutes from the resort. This is because my daughter planned this trip and invited my wife and I to join her family. I did not look at the dates closely and realized that would mean i could not attend the tournament in Vegas, something I have not missed for years. You get lots of golf and lots of basketball.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.