Archived Topic

I McCann't Take It Anymore

by BerliNY · 2/10/2014

Advertisement
B
BerliNY
Two anti-Dave McCann requests, one for the mods, one not:



1) Can we please (PLEASE!) take @DaveMcCannKSL off of the CC twitter feed? 5 selfies(5!) in the last 24 hours would be overkill for a supermodel. Dave is not a supermodel. Dave is just obsessed with his own face. (exhibit: I don't care if you want to go for a run, unless you are on pace to go sub 4min/mile leave the camera alone! https://twitter.com/DaveMcCannKSL/status/432519792764157952/photo/1



2) Having Spencer Linton doing the play-by-play for the USF game on BYUtv last Saturday was an upgrade of multiple orders of magnitude over McCann. My resentment over having to choose between Wrubell/radio and not-Wrubell/TV went way way down too. Can we please keep McCann behind the desk at KSL and away from MC/LES forever?



That is all.
S
SpiffCoug
Agreed on both counts. He's a poor play-by-play announcer.



But look! They have McDONALD'S in Russia! (signed 1987)
G
Guest
I've removed Dave McCann from the CougarCorner tweet box.
B
BerliNY
hawkwing wrote:
I've removed Dave McCann from the CougarCorner tweet box.


If only I got that kind of response every time I whine about something. Thanks hawk!
N
nuk13
I thought you'd misspelled McCain and wondered why it wasn't under the Harry Reid thread.
Advertisement
C
ChiTownCOUG
We just need an overall upgrade for BYUtv sports announcers..
S
stuckinbig10country
I would take Spencer Linton or Jarom Jordan over McCann. McCann is bad at all of his jobs.
S
snoscythe
McCann is a good Bob Costas type---a couch guy that gives you little more than public interest pieces and gives an overall structure in which the more competent sports personalities can shine. Better yet, he doesn't have an eye that makes you recoil in a very visceral reaction every time the producer cuts back to his face.



Play-by-play and (wtfheavenforbidit) color commentary? Not his forte.
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
McCann is a good Bob Costas type--


Disagree. I've never heard McCann use his position as a sports reporter as a platform to spew socialist propaganda.
C
Cougarfan87
SpiffCoug wrote:
Agreed on both counts. He's a poor play-by-play announcer.



But look! They have McDONALD'S in Russia! (signed 1987)


Hey, low blow! I've never done a selfie tweet. :angry: :angry: :angry: ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.