Archived Topic

BYUTV tease for halftime vs USF: Big Announcement

by BerliNY · 2/9/2014

Advertisement
B
BerliNY
Spencer Linton just teased a "Big Announcement" to be made during Halftime vs USF.



Any rumors floating around what this might be?
W
Wolverine
Studio C and American Ride now available on Netflix?
B
BroncoBot
COMPLETE COVERAGE OF WCC TOURNAMENT BY BYU SPORTS AND ESPN... HORRAY!!!
G
Gunk
BroncoBot wrote:
COMPLETE COVERAGE OF WCC TOURNAMENT BY BYU SPORTS AND ESPN... HORRAY!!!

Ya! Better than that dumb Roots channel.



Now, if only Directv woukd pick up the free HD feed of BYUtv and all would be right in the world.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
ChiTownCOUG
Gunk wrote:
COMPLETE COVERAGE OF WCC TOURNAMENT BY BYU SPORTS AND ESPN... HORRAY!!!

Ya! Better than that dumb Roots channel.



Now, if only Directv woukd pick up the free HD feed of BYUtv and all would be right in the world.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Amen to that... Keep writing Dtv that's what iam doing
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I'm guessing the football schedule has been finalized.
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
I'm guessing the football schedule has been finalized.

If it is, no announcement.
S
SpiffCoug
BroncoBot wrote:
I'm guessing the football schedule has been finalized.

If it is, no announcement.

I didn't think all the dates and times of the 2014 season had been formally announced yet. I know the Connecticut game was still up in the air as to day and time.
V
vancouvercougar
ChiTownCOUG wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
COMPLETE COVERAGE OF WCC TOURNAMENT BY BYU SPORTS AND ESPN... HORRAY!!!

Ya! Better than that dumb Roots channel.



Now, if only Directv woukd pick up the free HD feed of BYUtv and all would be right in the world.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Amen to that... Keep writing Dtv that's what iam doing


I bought a Roku for $50 and I get BYU tv on that.
S
scott715
Did you get a 3? Where did you get it?
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I got a Roku 3 from Amazon. It's been great. We've enjoyed not paying for satellite. We have an over the air antenna that works great too.
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
I got a Roku 3 from Amazon. It's been great. We've enjoyed not paying for satellite. We have an over the air antenna that works great too.

Satellite and cable are going the way of the buffalo I believe. Next 10 years will bear that out.



But, you ask, aren't buffalo making a comeback?
G
Guest
Unless you live somewhere without over the air reception then any sports viewing is out the window.
G
Gunk
How do handle ESPN?



Only reason I keep my satellite is for ESPN.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I wound up switching internet provided to Xfinity/Comcast. They're the only internet providers in Utah that get ESPN3. I don't have cable, so I can't watch ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPNews on the Watch ESPN channel/app. But I can watch ESPN3 games. And they usually have all the highlights from SportsCenter on it as well.



I do miss ESPN a little. But not enough to make me want to go back to a provider.



For big games, I just invite myself over to the Cougar Corner Den at Hawkwing's
Advertisement
G
Gunk
SpiffCoug wrote:
I wound up switching internet provided to Xfinity/Comcast. They're the only internet providers in Utah that get ESPN3. I don't have cable, so I can't watch ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPNews on the Watch ESPN channel/app. But I can watch ESPN3 games. And they usually have all the highlights from SportsCenter on it as well.



I do miss ESPN a little. But not enough to make me want to go back to a provider.



For big games, I just invite myself over to the Cougar Corner Den at Hawkwing's


ESPN is the only thing keeping the cable/satellite companies in business.



I do like having ESPN, being able to record a game and then watch it free from interruptions after the kids have gone to bed.
G
Guest
Gunk wrote:
I wound up switching internet provided to Xfinity/Comcast. They're the only internet providers in Utah that get ESPN3. I don't have cable, so I can't watch ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU/ESPNews on the Watch ESPN channel/app. But I can watch ESPN3 games. And they usually have all the highlights from SportsCenter on it as well.



I do miss ESPN a little. But not enough to make me want to go back to a provider.



For big games, I just invite myself over to the Cougar Corner Den at Hawkwing's


ESPN is the only thing keeping the cable/satellite companies in business.



I do like having ESPN, being able to record a game and then watch it free from interruptions after the kids have gone to bed.


Agreed. And if I dropped cable, what would Spiff do for big games?
C
Cougarbib
Cable is not available where I live. No DSL either. I went with Dish Network and get ESPN stuff. I get BYU TV. I usually get the PAC 12 opponent games. I do not get Root even though an Internet search indicates Dish does have it. I have been too lazy to research that further. I watch those games on KSL Internet Radio with my eyes closed.



Internet options are sketchy. Right now, during my renovation, I have been too lazy to pick the least of 12 evils and sign a contract. So, I use my Virgin Mobil hot spot which utilizes the Sprint Network. Sprint sucks. I also have a Sprint phone. It sucks too. Great phone. Flaky network. I am counting the seconds till my phone contract expires. Probably will not wait until the end.



I am not totally pleased with Dish Hopper and Joey limitations at my ranch. They only support 3 Joeys on my pre-wired cabling. I suspect I will finalize an internet, tv, phone, mobile hot spot, PC, MAC, and mobile computing strategy right before football season. Wait. I get ESPN. I will be able to hold out until WCC starts next fall.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
PS



They indicated that they will have another special announcement tonight.



Exclusive Olympics Coverage?



Utah Jazz games?



Big 12?



Rugby?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Geoff is on tonight.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.