Archived Topic

Fred Warner

by BOID · 2/6/2014

Advertisement
B
BOID
All I can say is: Wow. And I owe him an apology. However he handled his media event, I am amazed that BYU went toe-to-toe with USC down to the last minute, and actually won. When has that happened before? I know, I know, he never actually decommited to BYU, but he tripped to USC late, and he was reportedly set up for a hat show in the heart of USC territory after a flurry of Trojan recruitment effort, with Sark as new HC, etc. But he is a man as good as his word.



So, what I'm wondering: Did the hat show go down? Did it bring boos all around, or was it attended by significant BYU support?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
BOID wrote:
All I can say is: Wow. And I owe him an apology. However he handled his media event, I am amazed that BYU went toe-to-toe with USC down to the last minute, and actually won. When has that happened before? I know, I know, he never actually decommited to BYU, but he tripped to USC late, and he was reportedly set up for a hat show in the heart of USC territory after a flurry of Trojan recruitment effort, with Sark as new HC, etc. But he is a man as good as his word.



So, what I'm wondering: Did the hat show go down? Did it bring boos all around, or was it attended by significant BYU support?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

IDK. But I can tell you this.



I went 10 minutes down the road from work in the Irvine Spectrum to Woodbridge High School many years ago to the Chris Burgess Hat show. It was delayed about an hour waiting for more media who never did show. There were lots of high school kids and a ton of BYU fans in the bleachers. I did not see anyone at all from Duke. Nobody. Burgess was just another 5 star recruit and #1 pick to Duke fans. And yes Duke is a long way across the country and they may not have a ton of fans here.



USC - logic would say - should represent better than Duke in So. Cal. But, I can assure you that he was far from their top recruit. Probably a lot of USC fans attend his school. IDK if they would don a cap and grovel at a hat show.



This pick means a ton to BYU fans.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
ChiTownCOUG
When I saw he committed to BYU made my day...this is the guy I really wanted BYU to get..Bronoc has an Awsome track record with LB, iam sure that was a factor as well..Maybe some help from KVN..
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.