Archived Topic

Players that turned down MAJOR BCS offers for BYU

by drewthehoop · 2/5/2014

Advertisement
D
drewthehoop
Kurtz, Blackmon, Takitaki, Warner, Nacua, Cook and Leaitaua. Kid that turned down solid mid-level BCS/Boise offers for BYU: Bushman, Dawe, Chambers, Fuga. Players who BYU beat Utah for head to head: Nacua, Fonua, Warner, Blackmon, Kurtz, Bushman, Fuga, possibly Dawe. BYU went head to head with some solid competition and won much more than it usually does. Great class.
B
BroncoBot
THanks for the list! Hope these guys bring some fire with them.
B
BOID
I wonder if the Utes won any that BYU had offered, such as Chase Hansen last year. I don't know of any this year. It does seem like we kicked their butts on head-to-head recruiting this time. Independence and TV exposure seem to be out-performing major conference doormat status after all. ;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
BOID wrote:
I wonder if the Utes won any that BYU had offered, such as Chase Hansen last year. I don't know of any this year. It does seem like we kicked their butts on head-to-head recruiting this time. Independence and TV exposure seem to be out-performing major conference doormat status after all. ;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


What I wondered from Puketah's recruiting of several players from Florida (5 in this recruiting class), how that is going to work. I moved here to Utah twelve plus years ago from Florida and there is a BIG drastic difference. I had grown up in Ohio, so the winters are pretty comprable, but for a kid that never lived through multiple northern winters, those recruits are going to be challenged. It might be fine for them, but I'm just saying that they are in for some big culture/climate shock.
S
SpiffCoug
Someone on Cougarboard said there was only one player Utah beat out BYU for. They competed for eight players.



It's interesting that since their move to the PAC12, BYU and Utah don't seem to have quite as much overlap in recruiting as previously.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.