C
CougarbibHome Court.
In football, we have heard claims that home field is worth 3-7 points. Hard to know or prove.
In basketball, it seems to be worth 7 or more vs truly neutral and 15 for home vs away.
I base that math off limited data. Earlier this season, I looked up odds for BYU at LMU and Pepperdine and then a week later looked up odds for the return visits. I was shocked at the swings. Assuming odds makers have studied this a bit, I took that as a data point.
Then we played the games and actually experienced huge swings with both opponents.
We played away from Provo a ton this year, so far. Most of the neutral sites were not neutral either.
We nearly always win in Provo, but lost more than half of the road games.
Utah wins at home and almost always loses on the road. Unfortunately, we played them at their place.
How much impact has this had? Can we use our road results to predict upcoming games vs the same teams?
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
In football, we have heard claims that home field is worth 3-7 points. Hard to know or prove.
In basketball, it seems to be worth 7 or more vs truly neutral and 15 for home vs away.
I base that math off limited data. Earlier this season, I looked up odds for BYU at LMU and Pepperdine and then a week later looked up odds for the return visits. I was shocked at the swings. Assuming odds makers have studied this a bit, I took that as a data point.
Then we played the games and actually experienced huge swings with both opponents.
We played away from Provo a ton this year, so far. Most of the neutral sites were not neutral either.
We nearly always win in Provo, but lost more than half of the road games.
Utah wins at home and almost always loses on the road. Unfortunately, we played them at their place.
How much impact has this had? Can we use our road results to predict upcoming games vs the same teams?
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

