Archived Topic

National Signing Day Eve Suprise!

by jonnylingo · 2/5/2014

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Isiah Nacua has committed to BYU.... again. HUGE get.
J
jvquarterback
sweet. Link?
B
beauso79
Talo posted as much on TBS today...........will serve a mission first. Freaking Awesome!!!!!!!
B
BOID
Great! Was not expected, so, a bonus. Now if Warner stays true to his commitment, I'll be satisfied, even if we don't land Uriah (although I would wager Uriah goes blue as well).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
BOID wrote:
Great! Was not expected, so, a bonus. Now if Warner stays true to his commitment, I'll be satisfied, even if we don't land Uriah (although I would wager Uriah goes blue as well).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Warner is doing a "hat" show. We've never done well on those. I had to laugh when someone at CB mentioned how cool it would be to pick a BYU hat out of hats for USC, Alabama, etc. Dont' get me wrong, but unless you were doing the selection process in Lone Peak or somewhere similar, what public is going to get excited when the kid picks up a BYU hat?
Advertisement
G
Gunk
EM_Puma wrote:
Great! Was not expected, so, a bonus. Now if Warner stays true to his commitment, I'll be satisfied, even if we don't land Uriah (although I would wager Uriah goes blue as well).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Warner is doing a "hat" show. We've never done well on those. I had to laugh when someone at CB mentioned how cool it would be to pick a BYU hat out of hats for USC, Alabama, etc. Dont' get me wrong, but unless you were doing the selection process in Lone Peak or somewhere similar, what public is going to get excited when the kid picks up a BYU hat?

Ugh...a hat show. We don't get him.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BOID
Assuming that he really is doing the hat show:



Agreed, he's not going to pull out a BYU hat at a media fan-fare in CA. It appears that he's kept his verbal BYU commitment this long just to provide drama for the local PAC fans, hence the hat show in CA. If he had decommited ahead of time, then there would be no point to the hat show, would there be? But what a sad cliche and lack of respect to keep another school hanging just to provide a last minute media stunt. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that his new school of choice put him up to this. Well, there goes our 4 star get.



I'll be happy to eat my words if the BYU hat indeed comes out, but I'm not going to watch.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
Warner will sign with byu. don't worry.
F
Fido
So is it media outlets that want kids to do the hat show so they have content to broadcast and then analyze for 10 minutes before the next kid goes? Kind of showy if you ask me...
F
frdbtr
Uhhh, Mama is wearing a striped blue tie to his signing day. Both Alabama and USC are red schools.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.