Archived Topic

Quezada Article

by scott715 · 12/6/2009

Advertisement
G
gmj81
Man, good stuff in there! There's a lot in that article that could point to his being a Cougar in a couple of weeks but I don't want to get my hopes too high just yet. But dang he'd be one of the best non-LDS fits ever at BYU if he were to commit.
C
craigoscarson
gmj81 wrote:
Man, good stuff in there! There's a lot in that article that could point to his being a Cougar in a couple of weeks but I don't want to get my hopes too high just yet. But dang he'd be one of the best non-LDS fits ever at BYU if he were to commit.




With Fabuluje, Keoshian, Tushaus, Philips, and Quezada, we're looking at some non-lds glue guys for the next 4-5 years that should help lift BYU and guys like Wilson, Apo, VanNoy, and Heaps that don't have mission plans. I don't see how Quezada picks Utah, unless cutting his hair is actually a big issue.
L
Lawboy
How hard are we recruiting this kid right now? He sounds like a perfect fit for BYU overall, and would be a great addition to the team. All I know is that he better not pick Utah over us. If he went with UW I would understand--a little--but not Utah.
C
craigoscarson
Lawboy wrote:
How hard are we recruiting this kid right now? He sounds like a perfect fit for BYU overall, and would be a great addition to the team. All I know is that he better not pick Utah over us. If he went with UW I would understand--a little--but not Utah.


He has no interest in UW anymore, it's between us and Utah.



I do worry that cutting his hair might be enough to convince him to go to Utah. I hope not, he'd be perfect for us.
Advertisement
B
blue buddha
If his coach has anything to do with it he'll end up with the cougs, he's got a BYU hat on in the article's video.
G
gmj81
Yes, his coach Frank Mazotta, is the brother to former Cougar Casey Mazotta. More good news for BYU.



And you better believe the Cougar coaches are going to try to lock this kid up. He would be the perfect compliment to this recruiting class and would really cap it off nicely. By the time this class gets re-evaluated and if we can manage to keep all our verbals committed, there's no reason any recruiting service should have it as less than a top 15 class.
B
BroncoBot
gmj81 wrote:
Yes, his coach Frank Mazotta, is the brother to former Cougar Casey Mazotta. More good news for BYU.



And you better believe the Cougar coaches are going to try to lock this kid up. He would be the perfect compliment to this recruiting class and would really cap it off nicely. By the time this class gets, re-evaluated and if we can manage to keep all our verbals committed, there's no reason any recruiting service should have it as less than a top 15 class.

Imagine the what Bronco and co. could do with a top 15 rated recruiting class. WOW. :love: :love: :love:
G
gmj81
It appears as if some of our recruits were just re-evaluated today even. Currently our avg class rating is 3.04 (up from 2.93 I think) and our class ranking is back up to #12 (up from #17 previously).



Hannemann was upped to 2*, Afo to a 3*, Jamora to a 3* and Tuiloma to a 2*. I'm still banking on the fact that Fabuluje, Fua, Phillips and Apo all receive at least one more star each.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.