Archived Topic

What are you excited for Next Season?

by stuckinbig10country · 1/16/2014

Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
Lots of negative stuff going on with some of the threads recently. I recognize that I've been apart of them, so I thought I'd propose this topic.



For me, I have the following:



Continued improvement from Hill

Return of Johnson and Trammell in the defensive backfield

A football focused Bronson Kaufusi

Increased playing time for Alani Fua

Returned missionaries that could have major impacts



Now your turn.
S
SpiffCoug
A football team that plays with a chip on its shoulders after a disappointing 2-3 finish to the season.



Nick Kurtz.



year two of two OL coaches working with guys that should be working hard to improve.
G
Gunk
Two years in a row without a QB controversy and an offense that has a whole year to work with said QB.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
ChiTownCOUG
That iam back in Utah and I have season tix again...
B
bigbluepuma
A whole new attitude on the o-line that says "NOBODY'S GETTING TO MY QB,' and somebody's Mama to enforce that. :angry:
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
bigbluepuma wrote:
A whole new attitude on the o-line that says "NOBODY'S GETTING TO MY QB,' and somebody's Mama to enforce that. :angry:


Amen to this.
G
Guest
An improved offensive line.

An older, even better Jamaal Williams.

A QB who transition from showing he has potential to actually greatness.

Craig Bills laying people out.

Cougar Tails.
C
Cougarfan87
hawkwing wrote:
An improved offensive line.

An older, even better Jamaal Williams.

A QB who transition from showing he has potential to actually greatness.


Here, here.



I am most excited about two possiblities:



1. Two-Jay really gets the oline performing the way Roger French got his olines to perform (hopefully new recruits and some time will help this).



2. Hill takes the next step and recognizes defenses, has good field vision, and starts picking apart defenses with precise passing to the open man.



If those two things come to pass, I could easily see an undefeated season next year. However, most likely is that there are steps forward, not complete arrival, and we still drop a couple of games but are set up well for a great Senior season run from Hill.



I'm sorry, I couldn't help but temper my optimism. :P
M
mizzoucoug
A top 15 pass defense.

Hill averaging 300 passing yards per game.

10+ picks by cornerbacks.

Mama on the OL.

Hill having more than 2 seconds before getting hit.
J
jvquarterback
mizzoucoug wrote:

Mama on the OL.


Mama's going on a mission right after high school. Can you imagine having to cook dinner for that dude?



I'm looking forward to no injuries in the defensive backfield.



Oh that and a trip to Austin.
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
jvquarterback wrote:

Mama on the OL.


Mama's going on a mission right after high school. Can you imagine having to cook dinner for that dude?



I'm looking forward to no injuries in the defensive backfield.



Oh that and a trip to Austin.


If he comes to my area, I'll feed him whatever he wants, as long as he picks BYU. :)
S
snoscythe
Finding out who BYU's official breakfast pastry provider is.

Seeing how much more paid signage they can fit in LES.

Paying more for seats.
S
stgeorgefan
A more experienced offense vs a weaker schedule.



Year two in GFGH



The corner back position. Jordan Johnson! Tramell/Lee or possibly Daniel at on the other side.



Kafusi focused in on football.



Vs Texas in front of 100K fans



Revenge game vs Virginia



Broncoism's and Anaeism's



Going to a home game in the fall!! :love:
C
Cougarbib
Return to Top 25 Ranking.

Return to double digit wins.

Opening Kick-off.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.