Archived Topic

I'll Take a Leak

by Cougarbib · 1/11/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
A Wiki Leak. Looked there. Nothing on Mika's status vs LMY today. Anybody taken any leaks on this? I have a call into Snowden.



Last game, as I went to check at the last minute and saw tweets about Waves players and Mika out, I got interrupted by my wife and niece, and before I could change my prediction to BYU 82. LMU 72, I missed the cutoff.



Trying to jump on it early today.



And if any LMU players were slipped the flu bug - leak that here.



Who is going to raise the rim during halftime?
B
byucougar1
Pssssssssst - Mika out for LMU game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
byucougar1 wrote:
Pssssssssst - Mika out for LMU game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I had assumed that at best he would limp out there and be under powered and rested frequently. My really big worry here is that at some point, someone is going to announce that they took a closer look at that bruise and found a broken hip underneath it or some other ominous complication that would have him out for the upcoming 4 road games or longer.



That was one heck of a fall on a hard floor. I am still sporting a pin in my left hip from a steeper fall onto a softer floor.
B
BYULV
Come on Bibster, TMI (Too much information). I thought this thread was about your bathroom habits. :lol:
C
Cougarbib
BYULV wrote:
Come on Bibster, TMI (Too much information). I thought this thread was about your bathroom habits. :lol:


Yeah..In retrospect - bathroom humor = bad humor since there probably is no such thing as good bathroom humor.



but yeah - I will probably hint for another leak about Wednesday.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
It is Wednesday. Newspaper said he practiced a bit Monday, fully Tuesday, and if not setbacks occurred Wednesday, Mika plays Thursday.



Any further leaks? Was he limping? Wearing goggles or hip pads? Slam dunking? Running full tilt? Gimpy?



What is the word on the streets of Provo?



Wait - he would be in SF today?



Word?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Haven't seen him around but will keep my eyes open when I am in the financial district today.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Any updated on injuries.



Is Mika 100%?

Did Austin sprain his ankle as rumored?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Cougarbib wrote:
Any updated on injuries.



Is Mika 100%?

Did Austin sprain his ankle as rumored?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Austin starting.

Mika 100% acc to Rose. Not sure I believe that.
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Any updated on injuries.



Is Mika 100%?

Did Austin sprain his ankle as rumored?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Austin starting.

Mika 100% acc to Rose. Not sure I believe that.


Not sure if mental or physical - but Mika is definitely not 100%. Austin had a good game.
Advertisement
W
Wolverine
Cougarbib wrote:
Cougarbib wrote:
Any updated on injuries.



Is Mika 100%?

Did Austin sprain his ankle as rumored?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Austin starting.

Mika 100% acc to Rose. Not sure I believe that.


Not sure if mental or physical - but Mika is definitely not 100%. Austin had a good game.

Meh...define good.
C
Cougarbib
Wolverine wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Any updated on injuries.



Is Mika 100%?

Did Austin sprain his ankle as rumored?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Austin starting.

Mika 100% acc to Rose. Not sure I believe that.


Not sure if mental or physical - but Mika is definitely not 100%. Austin had a good game.

Meh...define good.


If rebounding counts, he seemed to be the only guy doing that. If FT shooting counts, he was decent at that iirc. A key block or two. A key bucket or two. One of his better games.
W
Wolverine
Cougarbib wrote:
Cougarbib wrote:
Cougarbib wrote:
Any updated on injuries.



Is Mika 100%?

Did Austin sprain his ankle as rumored?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Austin starting.

Mika 100% acc to Rose. Not sure I believe that.


Not sure if mental or physical - but Mika is definitely not 100%. Austin had a good game.

Meh...define good.


If rebounding counts, he seemed to be the only guy doing that. If FT shooting counts, he was decent at that iirc. A key block or two. A key bucket or two. One of his better games.

Meh....Austin played 52 minutes in a 55 minute game. Most on the team....1 FG, 5/6 FT, 15 Reb, 2 Blk, 2 TO, 5 Fouls, 7 points. Guy is 6'10 and plays hard...meh...
G
Gunk
Austin played well. Did what we expect him to do. I have no issues with his solid contribution.



Mika, KC, and Halford on the other hand played well below expectations.



Again, prior to overtime only one starter was in double digits.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wolverine
Gunk wrote:
Austin played well. Did what we expect him to do. I have no issues with his solid contribution.



Mika, KC, and Halford on the other hand played well below expectations.



Again, prior to overtime only one starter was in double digits.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Not disagreeing that he did about what was expected. I sometimes wish he would do more than just what is expected. I guess I have a hard time understanding 1 bucket in 52 minutes and therefore my "Meh" reaction. I understand completely where the majority of the shots and points on this team come from, but 6'10" and 52 minutes would get most guys to double digits. I do respect how hard the guy plays considering on offense all he pretty much does is set high ball screens and reverse the ball.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Wolverine wrote:
Austin played well. Did what we expect him to do. I have no issues with his solid contribution.



Mika, KC, and Halford on the other hand played well below expectations.



Again, prior to overtime only one starter was in double digits.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Not disagreeing that he did about what was expected. I sometimes wish he would do more than just what is expected. I guess I have a hard time understanding 1 bucket in 52 minutes and therefore my "Meh" reaction. I understand completely where the majority of the shots and points on this team come from, but 6'10" and 52 minutes would get most guys to double digits. I do respect how hard the guy plays considering on offense all he pretty much does is set high ball screens and reverse the ball.


15 rebounds. Assists. Steals. Blocks. That FG came at a key time. Hit some key FTS as well.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wolverine
Cougarbib wrote:
Gunk wrote:
Austin played well. Did what we expect him to do. I have no issues with his solid contribution.



Mika, KC, and Halford on the other hand played well below expectations.



Again, prior to overtime only one starter was in double digits.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Not disagreeing that he did about what was expected. I sometimes wish he would do more than just what is expected. I guess I have a hard time understanding 1 bucket in 52 minutes and therefore my "Meh" reaction. I understand completely where the majority of the shots and points on this team come from, but 6'10" and 52 minutes would get most guys to double digits. I do respect how hard the guy plays considering on offense all he pretty much does is set high ball screens and reverse the ball.


15 rebounds. Assists. Steals. Blocks. That FG came at a key time. Hit some key FTS as well.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Nate Austin 21 27.6 3.9 8.5 1.2 0.9 1.0 1.0 .554 .600 .400

Here are Austin's season averages. He played about 2x his average minutes last night. You can do the math. Should have been about a 7.8 point and 17 rebound night more or less. Last night, statistically speaking, looked pretty much like a typical average night for Austin. Definitely not one of his better nights and definitely not his worst. I would say about average for the minutes played. Not disparaging the guy at all. Love his hustle and work ethic. It is what it is.
C
Cougarbib
Ok. Mika was way off. Portland ' s strength is inside. We needed Austin to stay in the game and not foul out while contributing but not hurting the team. We got that out of Austin. Solid night.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.