Archived Topic

BYU vs Pepperdine

by beauso79 · 1/10/2014

Advertisement
B
beauso79
Wow......we suck. Pepperdine's top 2 players are out and they are staying with us at home. This is sad..........Worthington and Sharp are both useless
B
BroncoBot
Indeed, this is quite concerning. Too many jump shots. No inside game



Strong start, same old BYU since then.
B
beauso79
Is there a player on the football for whom team we can trade Worthington?......maybe Corbin Kaufusi?



Did you guys see the tweet that BYU was looking at 2014 recruit PF Shon Briggs from Heritage HS in CA?? It was posted on CougarBoard about his commit to BYU was not official.
B
beauso79
Man, I wish Austin would get involved/included into the offense more..........I think this is on the Coaching staff.....so many things wrong with this team right now and not having Mika shows us how bad we really are.
B
beauso79
We need to roll with this team:



1 - Carlino

2 - Halford

3 - Haws

4 - Kyle

5 - Austin or Mika
Advertisement
B
beauso79
Man, Winder can't shoot and Haws forces everything now.........
B
BroncoBot
This is where BYU has faltered this year. The last 10 minutes. I don't know if it is nerves, fatigue, psych,???



Hope they finish strong. LOW scoring game for this BYU team.
B
beauso79
Ha ha.......we might lay an egg vs Pepperdine at home. If I was Pepperdine I'd start my "Hack a Kyle" game plan now
B
BroncoBot
beauso79 wrote:
Ha ha.......we might lay an egg vs Pepperdine at home. If I was Pepperdine I'd start my "Hack a Kyle" game plan now

Yeah, at least Hack-a-Mika isn't an option tonight.
M
mizzoucoug
I root for this team as hard as my mind will let me. I just find it so hard to respect kids who were good enough to make it to D1 ball who just cannot shoot a jumper or FT's.



And honestly, how hard can it be to teach our bigs a simple baby hook? I'll do it for free. Fly me and my 6'0" self up to Provo and I'll put on a clinic for our lerpy bigs not named Mika. Every other team in America seems to have forwards and centers who can at least score when open. Austin, Sharp, and Worthington are worthless on O.



By the way, is everyone else getting a lot of buffering from the feed? This game has been terribly choppy online and on my Roku.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Good game by Carlino, Sharp and Austin tonight.



Sharp and Austin were pretty effective at limiting Davis who is 5/15 right now.
W
Wolverine
mizzoucoug wrote:
I root for this team as hard as my mind will let me. I just find it so hard to respect kids who were good enough to make it to D1 ball who just cannot shoot a jumper or FT's.



And honestly, how hard can it be to teach our bigs a simple baby hook? I'll do it for free. Fly me and my 6'0" self up to Provo and I'll put on a clinic for our lerpy bigs not named Mika. Every other team in America seems to have forwards and centers who can at least score when open. Austin, Sharp, and Worthington are worthless on O.



By the way, is everyone else getting a lot of buffering from the feed? This game has been terribly choppy online and on my Roku.


The game was terribly choppy in person as well ;) Maybe it was the polar vortex. Take this win and run. Mika needs to get healthy. Solid follow-up by Halford. It's baby steps right now for Carlino. Nothing but props to Haws. LMU gonna be a dog fight Saturday. Go Cougars!
B
BroncoBot
Wolverine wrote:
I root for this team as hard as my mind will let me. I just find it so hard to respect kids who were good enough to make it to D1 ball who just cannot shoot a jumper or FT's.



And honestly, how hard can it be to teach our bigs a simple baby hook? I'll do it for free. Fly me and my 6'0" self up to Provo and I'll put on a clinic for our lerpy bigs not named Mika. Every other team in America seems to have forwards and centers who can at least score when open. Austin, Sharp, and Worthington are worthless on O.



By the way, is everyone else getting a lot of buffering from the feed? This game has been terribly choppy online and on my Roku.


The game was terribly choppy in person as well ;) Maybe it was the polar vortex. Take this win and run. Mika needs to get healthy. Solid follow-up by Halford. It's baby steps right now for Carlino. Nothing but props to Haws. LMU gonna be a dog fight Saturday. Go Cougars!

Ireland has long been the most feared PG in the WCC for myself. The guy is a beast.
W
Wolverine
BroncoBot wrote:
mizzoucoug wrote:
I root for this team as hard as my mind will let me. I just find it so hard to respect kids who were good enough to make it to D1 ball who just cannot shoot a jumper or FT's.



And honestly, how hard can it be to teach our bigs a simple baby hook? I'll do it for free. Fly me and my 6'0" self up to Provo and I'll put on a clinic for our lerpy bigs not named Mika. Every other team in America seems to have forwards and centers who can at least score when open. Austin, Sharp, and Worthington are worthless on O.



By the way, is everyone else getting a lot of buffering from the feed? This game has been terribly choppy online and on my Roku.


The game was terribly choppy in person as well ;) Maybe it was the polar vortex. Take this win and run. Mika needs to get healthy. Solid follow-up by Halford. It's baby steps right now for Carlino. Nothing but props to Haws. LMU gonna be a dog fight Saturday. Go Cougars!

Ireland has long been the most feared PG in the WCC for myself. The guy is a beast.


I agree 100% on that one. Ireland and Dees are the two WCC guards that make me cringe the most. Finally took care of Dees last week. Release the beast Halford on Ireland come Saturday. Release the beast I say!
C
Cougarbib
beauso79 wrote:
Man, Winder can't shoot and Haws forces everything now.........




Maybe he will get hot. ;)
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
mizzoucoug wrote:
I root for this team as hard as my mind will let me. I just find it so hard to respect kids who were good enough to make it to D1 ball who just cannot shoot a jumper or FT's.



And honestly, how hard can it be to teach our bigs a simple baby hook? I'll do it for free. Fly me and my 6'0" self up to Provo and I'll put on a clinic for our lerpy bigs not named Mika. Every other team in America seems to have forwards and centers who can at least score when open. Austin, Sharp, and Worthington are worthless on O.



By the way, is everyone else getting a lot of buffering from the feed? This game has been terribly choppy online and on my Roku.


My BYU TV on DISH Network was fine as far as I recall.
C
Cougarbib
BroncoBot wrote:
Good game by Carlino, Sharp and Austin tonight.



Sharp and Austin were pretty effective at limiting Davis who is 5/15 right now.


That is what I thought until Carlino started missing free throws in crunch time.
C
Cougarbib
We had 3 legit starters on the court. One - KC - needs to improve his free throw shooting. If he does that, Haws, Halford, and KC are legit. Mika is legit when his eye isn't poked out and his hip is not broken. When he is truly back, we have 4 legit starters with 2 that need to improve free throw shooting.



Beyond those 4, we have inconsistency, but several players that contribute well at times and are a liability at others.



In the beginning, we had 4 or 5 players scoring in double figures nightly and Carlino was one of them. If he regains confidence without getting over-confident - maybe we play small with 5 legitimate starters with 3 that need to shoot free throws better.



We caught 4 breaks tonight. 1 bad one. Mika. Luckily, Pepperdine cooperated and had 3 players out. Otherwise, we lose this one without Mika. But we are now done with the Waves until tournament time and Gonzaga, St. Mary's and others are not.



LMU needs to catch the flu. Raise the basket. Something.



I am not sure how Halford matches up to defend their best guard. Hopefully well. Collectively, we have cooled off our last two opponents from their normal shooting percentages. Need to do it again.
W
Wolverine
Santa Clara wins 57-55 @ St. Mary's, LMU going down @ San Diego, Gonzaga down 39-31 at half @ Portland. 8 of 10 WCC teams already have 2 losses. Would be sweet for Portland to hang on. This league is wide open. Need to take care of business Saturday against LMU. Go Cougars!
C
Cougarbib
Wolverine wrote:
Santa Clara wins 57-55 @ St. Mary's, LMU going down @ San Diego, Gonzaga down 39-31 at half @ Portland. 8 of 10 WCC teams already have 2 losses. Would be sweet for Portland to hang on. This league is wide open. Need to take care of business Saturday against LMU. Go Cougars!




Portland up by 12 on ESPNU. Seem to have the momentum - still pulling away. This and SMC losing at home is huge for us. If we manage to beat LMU, we will have moved up several spots prior to our killer 4-game road trip.



Screwiest conference scheduling I have ever seen this year.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.