Archived Topic

BYU vs USD game thread (positive comments only)

by mizzoucoug · 1/4/2014

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
It's come to that hilarious point in another BYU sports season where we all need a little therapy. Positive comments only people!



http://cougarcorner.com/images/helmets/SanDiegoToreros.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



VS



http://cougarcorner.com/images/helmets/BYU.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



@



8 PM Central Time



Inside




https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_Lp__gSCqDNTR2dRB-97SAgFJYcbIsjX7QwCIhBIyDzAf_zK14w" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Should be a real




http://www.thedevilsmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/barn-burning.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



How many fans will



http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/elnur/elnur1202/elnur120201002/12283934-businessman-ready-to-commit-suicide.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



with another loss to a



http://paybymobilephone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/high-school-boys-basketball-team2009-2010-spartan-boys-basketball-team-----true-dakotan-c3j3votx.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



?



Game Preview




http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/basketball/men/byu-hoops-faces-san-diego-looking-to-end-losing-streak/article_794fce20-7557-11e3-b3fe-0019bb2963f4.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed



BYU has looked like a positive team at practice, in spite of some loud teaching moments from coaches. Players spent about 25 minutes shooting free throws (a major hurdle for this team right now) at the end of Thursday's practice



"What's happened has happened. We can't hang our heads or feel bad," Tyler Haws said, adding "there's still a lot of the season left."



By quirks in how the WCC schedule has been arranged, BYU will have three consecutive home games. USD will be followed next week by quick, redemptive rematches with LMU and Pepperdine.



Playing at home could help, though Rose is cautious about how influential it should be. There has to be balance in that thought process, too.



"I hope that's not the case. I hope they understand the challenge; the way we play. There are some abstract factors that can really help you, but what we need to concentrate on is that this is a real challenge," Rose said. "We need to execute our game plan. We need to know it. We need to feel free and play.




http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/769/532/hi-res-156542125_crop_650x440.jpg?1353444586" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



takes on



http://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/sd_140297490.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Could not open all photos.



The Barn Burner was great.



This game is very important for the psyche of this team.



I am not expecting a barn burner. I do expect a dog fight. Unless BYU starts hitting threes. If that happens, I expect a blow - out.



Look for Halford to get increased minutes. I would start Halford over Carlino. I would give Carlino some back-up minutes at PG, but pull him out if he gets reckless.



If 3s and FT'S are not falling for BYU, it will take DISCIPLINED play to win this game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wolverine
I believe that we will win... :) 92-76. Go Cougars!
Q
Qman
Normally the solution in slumps like this is to dig in, play great D, rebound and run.



Then the shots will start to fall.
M
mizzoucoug
Qman wrote:
Normally the solution in slumps like this is to dig in, play great D, rebound and run.



Then the shots will start to fall.


QMan you're making it hard on me with comments like this...yes, BYU is known for playing great D. We can do it! Yes!



http://christianworker.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/overcome1.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
ChiTownCOUG
C'mon BYU wins big tonight..Start of a major run for the Cougs..keep the faith Rise and Shout..
B
BroncoBot
ChiTownCOUG wrote:
C'mon BYU wins big tonight..Start of a major run for the Cougs..keep the faith Rise and Shout..

I believe this to be the most plausible course to this season. too much talent and coaching for BYU to wallow in mediocrity for long. Tonight starts the run of Ws.
C
Cougs_Rule
Positive Comments Only? mizzou? Really? Who are you and what did they do with you?

You were on such a great role!



Ok, here's mine. I like orange flowers and smoking poppy seeds. 8) :P :evil:
C
Cougs_Rule
10 bucks says this thread doesn't make it past the first five minutes before it self destructs.

What??? I'm just sayin.m :D
C
Cougs_Rule
Woohoo. Halford is starting tonight over MC! C'mon Matty, find yourself and hang in there.
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Last time we did this was during the football season and resulted in a W. Here's to a non-pretty victory for the boys. I sure hope they do a group singing video afterwards as well!
M
mizzoucoug
Mika wins the tip. Victory!
M
mizzoucoug
Ball movement? KC didn't go end to end, and instead found an open man? NC here we come!
M
mizzoucoug
And with that the early lead is gone. It's okay boys. You're giving it your best!
M
mizzoucoug
Halford is feeling it!
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
KC hits a jumper?!
M
mizzoucoug
I'm proud of our guys for putting the hex on USD. For once the other team is missing every 3 and FT!
W
Wolverine
Mizzou, you are now my new guru of the positive vibe 8) Keep it flowing 8)
M
mizzoucoug
Did Austin just dunk?
W
Wolverine
mizzoucoug wrote:
Austin just dunked!

FIFY Mr. positive ;)
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.