Archived Topic

UCF game looking like a big hurdle

by Cougarfan87 · 1/2/2014

Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
I didn't watch the game, but from the highlights, UCFs QB looked like he could throw the ball, but moreover, there WR looked FAST. I'm not sure if they are seniors or not, but they just beat a very high-scoring Baylor team. Add the travel to the East Coast, and I am thinking UCF is a loss next year. I hate to say that. I'll still watch and support BYU, but I'm not very optimistic about that game.
S
SpiffCoug
UCF's QB could enter the draft. If he's gone, I like BYU's chances a whole lot more.
C
Cougs_Rule
He might leap, but he also just entered himself as an early Heisman list watch.

He is where Taysom could be end of next year.....if we get an Oline, if Kurtz pans out, if we get a TE, and if Anae evolves as well.

But yes, UCF is as you or tougher than Tx next year. So all you folks contending that next years schedule sucks or is easy, better think again. Two probable losses and a bunch of mid-rangers that are as good or better than BYU. Heck, look what UCF did with one loss?? there is relevancy to be gained without a killer schedule. There's was tough, but....
C
Cougarbib
With a last name like O'Leary, George OL easy should be coaching Notre Dame.........Wait.....



He did coach ND for nearly a week before being fired for lying on his resume.



In any event, time will tell whether he gets plucked away by a bigger name program, whether UCF QB jumps to the NFL, and who they lose to graduation.



It probably does not matter. This will be a tough game for BYU either way.



That will not matter much either.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jvquarterback
They have 3 seniors on the OL this year so if the QB is smart he'll leave for the NFL. He's projected to go in the early first round. Their RB should bolt too as he's projected as a mid round pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see their JR receiver leave as well.



The defense is pretty good too with a lot of juniors on it this year. O'Leary's a great coach.



They also havea killer schedule next year: Penn State, Mizzou and BYU. The games against Mizzou and BYU are at home and Penn State is in Ireland. Maybe Holmoe should call their AD to find out how he schedules.
Advertisement
S
scott715
The QB is being told he is an early 2nd round pick.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.