Davies Sr. Season:
Averaged 17.7 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.3 steals and 1.0 blocks and shot .522 from the field and .682 from the free throw line
Mika's Fr. Season: (so far, against a pretty tough schedule)
Averaging 14.2 points, 6.6 rebounds, 1.1 assists, .5 steals and .7 blocks and shooting .547 from the field and .583 from the free throw line
For interest sake:
Davies Fr. Season:
Averaged 5.4 points, 3.0 rebounds and shot .539 from the field and .568 from the free throw line (Stats at BYUCougars.com didn't include assists, steals or blocks from his Fr. season)
Having said all that, yeah, I would argue it's not as huge of loss as you would think a Freshman replacing a now-NBA player would be. But the two factors I think may be more significant are FT shooting percentage and fouls (which weren't available where I checked).
The bigger problem is missed 3's and missed Ft's from the whole team as well as made 3's from the other team (ie our defense of the perimeter) We BLOW hard right now.
Go Cougs!!!
J. Child
Ammon, ID