Archived Topic

Alex Kuresa to Snow College?

by SpiffCoug · 12/30/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Looks like he's home early from his mission and going to Snow College?



I'm guessing BYU didn't have a scholarship with him coming back early and probably wants to still play QB.
B
byucougar1
He has indicated that he wants to play QB and not WR or DB. Likely will enjoy performing at the position he excelled at in HS. perhaps transfers if he wants to play at next level (I.e. star lotuleli).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Wow. Good luck to Alex. He's a nice kid.
C
Cougarbib
IDK his lifetime goals, but although he will undoubtedly get more PR as QB at Snow -



Not a great move unless he really is so good that he will get visibility playing at Snow. I know a similar former BYU QB story just happened - thus lightening can be captured in a bottle on occasion - but twice?



Start a mission - why not finish it? Must really want to catch that open window at Snow College.



I do not begrudge someone not serving or not finishing a mission if they are living worthily.



Even have to remind myself not to hope certain players - Mika lately - do not go on a Mission.



The mistake is this - barring a miraculous out of nowhere NFL QB outcome after playing at Snow - a BYU Degree will have a much higher lifetime value than a Snow degree in almost any career pursuit. And, at BYU he could have hoped to become the Next Brandon Doman story or converted to safety and potentially starred.



Who knows - everyone deserves a chance to chase their dreams.



Surely BYU could find an early schollie for a safety or WR.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Is Snow a 2 or 4 year school?
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
scott715 wrote:
Is Snow a 2 or 4 year school?


Unless it has recently changed, it is a 2-year school. Snow has a very good football program (or it had, for years, when I went there, they were always nationally ranked in the top ten of JC) and Kuresa will probably get a lot of looks from D-I schools.
S
stuckinbig10country
They were good this past year and I believe they have a returning QB.
M
mtnradio
Schmoe wrote:
Is Snow a 2 or 4 year school?


Unless it has recently changed, it is a 2-year school. Snow has a very good football program (or it had, for years, when I went there, they were always nationally ranked in the top ten of JC) and Kuresa will probably get a lot of looks from D-I schools.


I quit following Snow after Steve Colburn left as their coach. While he was there, it was a good program with national recognition and was a good feeder program for BYU and several other 4yr schools. I don't know how they have been since Steve left. For those of you who don't know, Steve is a product of Ammon, Idaho! My Dad coached him in grid kid football for about 5 years ... he (Steve) is a great guy.
F
Fido
Per Loyal Cougars his scholarship was available again in 2015 when he was expected back from his mission. Good luck to him though!
S
stuckinbig10country
Quick hijack of the thread here, but are more people coming home early from missions now, or is it just more noticeable?



It doesn't really bother me at all when someone comes home early, especially because in my mission, our president spent so much time and energy on those who didn't want to be there that could have better been spent on building up the work with the at least semi-committed elders and sisters. It just seems like more people can "choose" to come home than before.
Advertisement
F
Fido
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Quick hijack of the thread here, but are more people coming home early from missions now, or is it just more noticeable?



It doesn't really bother me at all when someone comes home early, especially because in my mission, our president spent so much time and energy on those who didn't want to be there that could have better been spent on building up the work with the at least semi-committed elders and sisters. It just seems like more people can "choose" to come home than before.

I guess I don't know--but there are lots of reasons besides commitment level for someone to come home. Its not really fair to speculate.
S
stuckinbig10country
Fido wrote:
Quick hijack of the thread here, but are more people coming home early from missions now, or is it just more noticeable?



It doesn't really bother me at all when someone comes home early, especially because in my mission, our president spent so much time and energy on those who didn't want to be there that could have better been spent on building up the work with the at least semi-committed elders and sisters. It just seems like more people can "choose" to come home than before.

I guess I don't know--but there are lots of reasons besides commitment level for someone to come home. Its not really fair to speculate.


Believe me, I know about the various reasons that some people come home. Having had to go into some areas and clean things up on my mission, it's amazing what people have done.



And I'm not saying it was a commitment issue for Alex. It could be any number of things, and it's not my place to speculate as to why. Just seems more common is all I was getting out there.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.