Archived Topic

LMU game

by mizzoucoug · 12/28/2013

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
so...I can only listen on the radio, but it sounds like we're going to lose to a team called LMU. This is embarrassing. Are we playing zone again? I mean, I can see us having trouble getting stops vs. the ISU's of the world, but holy crap this LMU. They shouldn't be able to score at will. Simply amazing this team.
M
mizzoucoug
This team plays to the level of its opponent like no team I've seen. And LMU is making us look silly right now. Haws just got rejected on an embarrassing attempt. This game is over.
M
mizzoucoug
OMG, I don't believe there is a team in America that gets stuffed more than we do. Bartley go up like a man, bro.



Holy crap, this team just cannot defend. Oh and Sharp apparently you have the BYU hops curse too. And back down the court some kid from Croatia has thrown down his 3rd dunk of the game so far.



I would take any one of their players over ours right now. Unbelievable.
M
mizzoucoug
This team is in shambles. We're playing in a high school gym against a high school team and getting absolutely destroyed on D, on O, and especially on the boards.



Time for major changes. 48-33 at the half.
G
Gunk
Our team is an absolute mess.



We have no offense. So tired of watching our guys dribble into traffic and force a shot with open shooters all around. Haws had been blocked at least 2 times. Bartley and Winder are out of control.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Oh snap...



@JacksonEmery04



What is wrong with our basketball team!? Have some pride in playing. It is embarrassing. Talent doesn't just automatically win.
G
Gunk
mizzoucoug wrote:
This team is in shambles. We're playing in a high school gym against a high school team and getting absolutely destroyed on D, on O, and especially on the boards.



Time for major changes. 48-33 at the half.

Rose put Halford in, he did the same thing MC did.



We're taking bad shots. Haws does not know how to pass. His court vision is horrible.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
mizzoucoug wrote:
Oh snap...



@JacksonEmery04



What is wrong with our basketball team!? Have some pride in playing. It is embarrassing. Talent doesn't just automatically win.

I think there is too much pride. Not making the extra pass to the open shooter. Shooters are wide open.



We are out of control.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
It is time to scrap this stupid bball version of GFGH. It's not exciting, it's not efficient, it's not productive. In fact it leads to poor decision making, selfishness, and undisciplined rebounding and defensive play.



Sure when everyone is on we can barely lose to ranked teams, but for those teams more familiar with us they know all they have to do is get Mika early fouls and then mug Haws all game. MC will screw up a bunch on his own and KC can't shoot so don't let him drive.



Done.
S
SpiffCoug
Good to see whatever the football team contracted has spread to the basketball team.
Advertisement
W
Wolverine
Tough to be a BYU fan at the moment in both FB and BB. Success used to be predicated on execution, discipline, and just plain out-working, out-hustling, and out-coaching your opponent. Throw all that out the door and this is what you have. This GFGH concept reminds me of watching a hamster run the hamster wheel in it's cage. Go as hard as you can but get nowhere.
M
mizzoucoug
Rose has got to know that this GFGH crap doesn't work, doesn't he? And for the record, I would do whatever it took to get that Ireland kid to come to Provo.



What would BYU basketball be like if we could get a black PG who can dunk and shoot?
M
mizzoucoug
And Mika got his 3rd foul nice and early. See ya with 8 left big guy. Unfortunately the game won't be any closer by then.
M
mizzoucoug
LOl even our athletic black guys can't shoot FT's. This is a crazy bad team right now. Never seen anything like it.
G
Gunk
Anytime Haws, Bartley or Winder get the ball they shoot it. You can take that to the bank.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
H
HoosierCougar
we appear to be playing consistently just below the level of competition. Once in a while, we over compensate and win, but this is just ridiculous.
M
mizzoucoug
Can't shoot, can't hit FT's, can't play man to man D (although we did well vs Oregon), and can't pass.



How are these D1 players?
G
Gunk
I don't even know why I am wasting my Saturday watching this garbage.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wolverine
Gunk wrote:
I don't even know why I am wasting my Saturday watching this garbage.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I was just having the same discussion with my wife. Told her it was time for a new hobby and time to build her something. She said only if I went to Home Depot Saturday school first.
H
HoosierCougar
I agree... at least I was on the treadmill for the first half. Looks like we won't get within 10. we gave up a big run early and never got a big run of our own. 5-6 point runs won't cut it when you give up 12-16 followed by repeated 4-8 point runs.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.